Cloud file hosting recommendations

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We use Amazon Web Services and it's worked out very well. For our needs, it costs next to nothing. They have a cost calculator that's pretty robust that you can use to estimate your costs. They also have a free tier and if your usage is under those limits, you pay nothing. They have so many possibilities that it took me a little while to wrap my head around it. It costs nothing to sign up and try a few things. We use a micro EC2 instance for the site so we can run some PHP and S3 for the downloads.

Not being too much of a web head, it took me a little while to try some things and figure it out because the possibilities are endless, but now that it's running, it's been very smooth.

One other thing...You can add higher level support to your account and anytime you have an issue, they call you in a second, and they're fantastic. The support is a little costly but it's mostly pro-rated so you can turn it on when you have an issue, have them help you, then downgrade the support.

Recommended.

Just joined Amazon Web Services, the speeds are around 5x faster than the current server, so it will be a welcome enhancement :) thank you guys!

Everything seems set and the demo files have been placed on the Amazon S3 bucket. Pretty easy stuff! Using a custom subdomain with CloudFront CDN took a little bit of extra time but everything is up and running now.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”