Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT

I've decided it's time for Surge to move to a new phase in its life. Will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

https://github.com/kurasu/surge

Wow, that's great! Hope it gives it a new lease of life, it's got to be one of the greatest open source vsti's in existence and it's bound to help many learn about plugin development.

Whilst not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, any chance of opening up shortcircuit too? Absolutely amazing plugin, it would be great if it could be actively developed again and a 64 bit version would be pretty exciting.

Thanks.

Will definitely be digging into this. Very generous gift to the OSS community. Thank you!

awesome

Cool! I can't find any binaries but it's stated there are available at GitHub.

Edit: Woops :oops: https://github.com/kurasu/surge/releases

Very cool and thanks for sharing. Have been skimming through the codebase for the past half hour or so.

Great news!

This is very good of you. Can I ask, how was the speed-up using SSE for the biquad, rather than letting the compiler handle SSE for you?
As in, was it worth going?
Thanks,
Dave.

So I get this right, the installer does not install a plugin.
Just some codes I assume.
I installed it, but.........well, no plugin.

I just downloaded it and installed it. It chose a really weird place to install (Users\My User\My User\AppData\Local). I think I can change that, but I allowed it to install where it chose to.

After installation concluded, I went to the VSTPlugIns folder, and the DLL wasn't there. I have no idea where it went. Can you help, please?

Anyway, thanks for your generosity. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:I just downloaded it and installed it. It chose a really weird place to install (Users\My User\My User\AppData\Local). I think I can change that, but I allowed it to install where it chose to.

After installation concluded, I went to the VSTPlugIns folder, and the DLL wasn't there. I have no idea where it went. Can you help, please?

Try to look here:C/Programfiles/Common Files/VST2
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sbj wrote:
fmr wrote:I just downloaded it and installed it. It chose a really weird place to install (Users\My User\My User\AppData\Local). I think I can change that, but I allowed it to install where it chose to.

Try to look here:C/Programfiles/Common Files/VST2
Yes, it was there :) Thanks :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

I love Surge ... bought it years ago. Still sounds great to me. I do hope someone can make a larger interface for it. I'm really struggling to read the text on the current version.

classic wrote:So I get this right, the installer does not install a plugin.
Just some codes I assume.
I installed it, but.........well, no plugin.
It doesn't always seem to install where expected. Check your Steinberg/Vst plugins folder and the location mentioned above.

Surge is an excellent synth and features what is IMO the best and easiest modulation architecture. It's just so easy to assign multiple parameters to LFOs and such while keeping a very clean and informative interface.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”