Easy Licensing Solution

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you think you're speaking to a bunch of green horns?

Do you think you're speaking to a bunch of green horns?
There is something wrong with millennials, but I couldn't yet figure out.
~stratum~

You can't blame them really...

"Elon Musk invents bus stop, waits for applause, internet LOLs"
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/1 ... _bus_stop/

You can now use our C++ client library to save valuable time. Our newly developed C++ client library is ready to use to ensure a painless experience for you and your team. You don't need to do bug fixes for querying the license in your code anymore!

New Feature: C++ Client Library Ready

What happens if a hacker recognises your code calls or path search text and replaces them with NOPs or 'return EXIT_SUCCESS?'
Or am I being silly?

quikquak wrote:What happens if a hacker recognises your code calls or path search text and replaces them with NOPs or 'return EXIT_SUCCESS?'
Or am I being silly?
A real hacker will probably just write their own version of the plugin (or application), as it's way more fun than breaking yours.

A cracker will NOP over the checks and your best bet for avoiding that is to have enough different checks spread all over your binary (also spread the data used to check!) that hopefully they'll get bored trying to find them all and move on to some easier target.

I thought h/cr ackers didn’t got bored. I thought they just got more and more excited and wiggle in their seats, rubbing their hands together, ready to find out what you’ve done next.. like the kids that they are...

quikquak wrote:I thought h/cr ackers didn’t got bored. I thought they just got more and more excited and wiggle in their seats, rubbing their hands together, ready to find out what you’ve done next.. like the kids that they are...
In other words... you have no idea what a "hacker" even means.

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html#what_is should give you an idea, with some quotes for emphasis:

The Jargon File contains a bunch of definitions of the term ‘hacker’, most having to do with technical adeptness and a delight in solving problems and overcoming limits. If you want to know how to become a hacker, though, only two are really relevant.

There is a community, a shared culture, of expert programmers and networking wizards that traces its history back through decades to the first time-sharing minicomputers and the earliest ARPAnet experiments. The members of this culture originated the term ‘hacker’. Hackers built the Internet. Hackers made the Unix operating system what it is today. Hackers make the World Wide Web work. If you are part of this culture, if you have contributed to it and other people in it know who you are and call you a hacker, you're a hacker.

[...]

There is another group of people who loudly call themselves hackers, but aren't. These are people (mainly adolescent males) who get a kick out of breaking into computers and phreaking the phone system. Real hackers call these people ‘crackers’ and want nothing to do with them. Real hackers mostly think crackers are lazy, irresponsible, and not very bright, and object that being able to break security doesn't make you a hacker any more than being able to hotwire cars makes you an automotive engineer. Unfortunately, many journalists and writers have been fooled into using the word ‘hacker’ to describe crackers; this irritates real hackers no end.
You have hackers to thank for the fact that you are even surfing the web right now, because without hackers the whole thing would probably not exist at all. As I self-identify as a hacker, I find it highly offensive in a very personal way when people mis-use the term.

Haha, sure. I said ‘h/cr’didn’t I? I’m sorry it covers a definition you like. You knew who I meant anyway.

Hi Again Guys,

There are numerous things I want to mention that may excite you about our licensing solution.

First of all, we accepted Lonca (Guild) accelerator (https://www.loncagirisim.com/) in Istanbul, we got mentoring, office facilities, we got the chance to reach the start-up ecosystem that is functioning just like us in the software business and this habitat and cooperation helped us grow in such a collaborative environment.

Also, we appended semi-online activation mechanism to our c++ client library which means that your user has to do is being online during the activation process and just write the relevant serial number once (not necessary to write again) then, even if your user’s computer is offline, your user can use the plugin, so that KEYZY client library does the work in background (Download the license file automatically to your user’s device).

Last but not least, WooCommerce plugin was developed; from now on it supports offline license file distribution that could reach your aid. Our newly-improved plugin can integrate your e-commerce website with KEYZY, if you are using WooCommerce and you are struggling to sell your plugin, it can automatically assign your user a serial number. In addition to all, WooCommerce plugin has ‘’Register Your Product’’ feature for your sales from the dealers. Also, you can use our plugin with FastSpring WooCommerce Gateway plugin; https://github.com/cyberwombat/woocomme ... nt-gateway

In short, our end-to-end solution is increasing but we won’t be contented with the things above, we will continue to grow with the upcoming subscription feature.

If you have any questions related to what we have covered so far, feel free to ask.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”