Just some basic circuit info/code

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just though that somebody might find this useful, source code provided:

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

Thanks!
I'm working on a VST electronic circuit simulator and this link seems to be useful.
Earlier I had been soldering and repairing real electronic things like TVsets, cassete players, distortions and tube amplifiers for almost 10 years, and 2 years of electronic circuit theory at the university, and I want to make some use of this experience in VST development.
This applet uses the same technology as in Spice (it's open source too, and it's written in C) - stamping circuit elements into a matrix and solving it using Crout decomposition.

I made GUI, and algorithm for solving circuit voltages and currents of the static circuit, but not tried yet to make it realtime..
Not sure if the today's computers are able to make so many computations at sampling rate, and it seems to me that to make it more analog sampling rate should be much higher than 44100 Hz.

I'd like to try to emulate some of my selfmade distortion stomps - would they be equal.. :D

Some things are not meant for real-time.

That looks very useful. Will you be releasing it? Can you load a wave file and process it?

Yes, I'm going to release it this winter. It's in a very early stage, I'm planning to make many optimizations, debugging and insert some features like wav loading/exporting,(unfortunately I'm very busy at work now.. Can't wait I could finish stable version of it!). Since the main aim of this project is not circuit analyzing but sound processing - it will include only needed tools.

-------------------------------
sorry for misspells - English is not my native language. The native one is Delphi :)

I look forward to trying it!

I'm working on a VST electronic circuit simulator
nice! i'm looking forward to that, too. maybe with that, i can finally learn a bit about circuit modeling
it's open source too
open source for the win! <3
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

kartalex wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:46 pm Thanks!
I'm working on a VST electronic circuit simulator and this link seems to be useful.
Intrigued. I think I seen recently that the Falstad applet can do some form of audio processing, output to wav. Maybe wrong but I’m sure I seen that somewhere recently. May be worth a look?

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”