UHM Sample Accessor Functions issue

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Guys,
I am learning ins and outs of UHM (coupled with Hive 2.0 REV.9033 VST2 Win64), and I have encountered a strange behavior: aux1_fp and aux2_fp do not seem to work correctly, or I didn't understand them. I didn't test main_fp.

In the following example, I write a simple sine wave in aux1, then write into main by reading the content of aux1 with aux1_fi(frame, index), and it works as expected. Main looks like aux1.

Code: Select all

NumFrames=1
Wave Start=0 End=0 "sin(4 * pi * phase)" Target=aux1
Wave Start=0 End=0 "aux1_fi(0, index)" Target=main
In this second example, I write the same sine wave in aux1, then write into main by reading the content of aux1 with aux1_fp(frame, phase), and the result is different, as if "aux1_fp(0, phase)" were substituted with just "phase".

NumFrames=1
Wave Start=0 End=0 "sin(4 * pi * phase)" Target=aux1
Wave Start=0 End=0 "aux1_fp(0, phase)" Target=main
Am I missing something?

I also run another test. I created a Spectrum based wave with all the harmonics set to 1 in aux1, then again used "aux1_fi(0, index)" to rewrite it in main, but the resulting waveform was slightly different from the original one, if written directly in main.

NumFrames=1
Spectrum lowest=1 highest=1024 "1.0" Target=aux1
Wave Start=0 End=0 "aux1_fi(0, index)" Target=main
Compared to:

NumFrames=1
Spectrum lowest=1 highest=1024 "1.0" Target=main
Is this happening because the former is sampled 2048 times, while the original is a mathematical function sampled at a higher rate? This guess made me want to try auxX_fp to see if it lead to more accurate results.

Thank you very much
Enrico

p.s.
I am having a lot of fun, thanks guys for the excellent work! Looking forward to see UHM in Zebra3

I gotta check this out. Maybe it's bug and nobody noticed yet :shock:

Thank you Urs for the quick reply, even before first light in Germany!
It is not urgent, take your time.

Cheers
Enrico

p.s.
I am tinkering with the idea to write a UHM wavetable editor.

IllusionCatalyst wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:49 am I am tinkering with the idea to write a UHM wavetable editor.
:hyper: :tu:

Howard wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:47 pm
IllusionCatalyst wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:49 am I am tinkering with the idea to write a UHM wavetable editor.
+1
:tu:

muki wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:23 pm
Howard wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:47 pm
+1
:tu:
+1

/* whitenoise */
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Return to “u-he”