what's my chances?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

can i get cs30 built into repro like diva style? what's the chances?

Why the CS30 though?
:borg:

because i grew up hearing it, nobody else is doing it, and it's a natural fit.

wouldn't it make more sense to build it into diva?

no.

So instead of sticking it into u-he’s classic synth platform, you’d stick it inside a synth that’s just a single emu?

Are they related? same components? Any particular reason?

yeah, Diva is for lush sounding unison poly voices. it's a cleaner synth made for the edm crowd. repro is made for an older and more established crowd for one. two, it's a mono machine that has a hard candy ballsy filter (not the creamy filter of diva) that i would LOVE to see get some extra voices, and three the layout is similar, and four it was used in the same musical generation in the same types of tracks as repro.

I appreciate that, makes sense.
I mostly use repro in the prophet 5 iteration, and always had the mindset “diva = mono mini moog but also poly”, so kinda the opposite as you.
I see hive as EDMish, diva never struck me as edm.

I’m not complaining either, i guess i use repro even more than diva.

im not hating on you ploki, i'm just not about the discourse right now. i find it all to be a tiresome circle, and i'm pretty much over the algorithm. about to rewrite the code.

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 am yeah, Diva is for lush sounding unison poly voices. it's a cleaner synth made for the edm crowd. repro is made for an older and more established crowd for one. two, it's a mono machine that has a hard candy ballsy filter (not the creamy filter of diva) that i would LOVE to see get some extra voices, and three the layout is similar, and four it was used in the same musical generation in the same types of tracks as repro.
That makes no sense at all :dog: :dog: :dog:

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:22 am im not hating on you ploki, i'm just not about the discourse right now. i find it all to be a tiresome circle, and i'm pretty much over the algorithm. about to rewrite the code.
You make a topic on a forum and yet you do not wish to debate? :lol:

I don't know where you got the idea that Diva was made for the "EDM crowd" and that Repro is for an "older established crowd" - which by the way, I don't really know what that means, is it for people who are 50+? 65+? what's the age restriction on this established crowd and how does one apply to become a part of this esteemed group of synth connoisseurs? :D

PS. I'm 27 years old, I use Repro and I love long walks on the beach while listening to EDM, I hope this doesn't disqualify me from this old crowd.

Joking aside, I think the CS30 would be cool for Diva 2 :party:

HypergiantSounds wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 amPS. I'm 27 years old, I use Repro and I love long walks on the beach while listening to EDM
sorry, cs was an American thing. keep your korg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfLA1imBbM4

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 amyeah, Diva is for lush sounding unison poly voices. it's a cleaner synth made for the edm crowd.
Umm... Are you sure you even know what Diva is?

Unison poly voices? Huh? While it can do unison using voice stacking, it's rather limited, CPU intensive, and not what people buy Diva for.

And while I'm sure there is some use of Diva in EDM, you are so far off the mark it's hard to know how to respond. Diva is about the last synth I would associate with EDM.

teilo wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:55 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:51 amyeah, Diva is for lush sounding unison poly voices. it's a cleaner synth made for the edm crowd.

Unison poly voices? Huh? While it can do unison using voice stacking, it's rather limited, CPU intensive, and not what people buy Diva for.

And while I'm sure there is some use of Diva in EDM, you are so far off the mark it's hard to know how to respond. Diva is about the last synth I would associate with EDM.
You are also far off the mark since none of you know what really people use.

Successful producers EDM or Not EDM use what they have in their disposal and what works at that time it may be Diva or a recorded broken door handle. That is a fact.

No need to put tags on synths for what purpose they are made. 1 purpose is clear - to make music.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:22 am
teilo wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:55 pm

You are also far off the mark since none of you know what really people use.

Successful producers EDM or Not EDM use what they have in their disposal and what works at that time it may be Diva or a recorded broken door handle. That is a fact.

No need to put tags on synths for what purpose they are made. 1 purpose is clear - to make music.
But that is not what you said. What you said was "Diva is for lush sounding unison poly voices. it's a cleaner synth made for the edm crowd." Both of those things are SMDH wrong.

Return to “u-he”