Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02, rev. 9629 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can't wait for the official release :party: :clap:

I love the v2 update.
I have a suggestion.

Compressor's ratio is a little odd. The Ratio control should most of the resolution in the 1:1 - 4:1. once you get to 8:1 or 10:1 the fine tuning is negligible.

blumpy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:44 pm I love the v2 update.
I have a suggestion.

Compressor's ratio is a little odd. The Ratio control should most of the resolution in the 1:1 - 4:1. once you get to 8:1 or 10:1 the fine tuning is negligible.
I rather like the linear approach

Great update and it's even for free. Sure, it will generate new sales but still amazing.

It is a very nice update for sure. I love the new interface, the modulations, and the new features added. Thanks @ U-He team !

I didn’t find a download link for the Cataline ready version of the stable release. Is there any?

Maeldron wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:01 pm I didn’t find a download link for the Cataline ready version of the stable release. Is there any?
Just click the blue download button on Uhbik's website: https://u-he.com/products/uhbik/
It will download the Catalina ready version of the current release version. You can identify it by it's revision number, which is 3899 (instead of 3898 for the non Catalina ready version).

The alpha is working great over here. When are you moving to the beta?

Linux please?! :pray:

Crickets. Any update on Uhbik 2?

Is anyone else finding these run a little hot? Uhbik-D seems to amplify. I have Podolski playing a single note to Uhbik-D as a send. From what I can tell, the first echo should be the same volume as the initial sound, but it's actually louder.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

To make things simpler, I just added Uhbik-D as an insert effect, loaded the "dubai" preset and changed the mix to 50%. It's obvious from the Uhbik display that the first echo is louder than the input sound.

Are the "Input Gain" and "Wet Gain" supposed to be centered for unity? The Input Gain says "50.00" when I center it and the Wet Gain says "50%" when centered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:10 am It's obvious from the Uhbik display that the first echo is louder than the input sound.
Yes, because the volume of the delay tap is set to 100, which makes the first delay twice as loud as the input signal. Set it to 50 to achieve equal loudness between input signal and first echo.

Hmm, it does look odd though, doesn't it? I suspect Uhbik-D sums the stereo input and puts that on its "virtual tape", thus making the wet signal twice as loud per tap. I suspect this was a design choice ten years ago, but I can't remember.

There's nothing wrong with a volume that cuts and boosts. It would be nice for it to be a bit more obvious, like having a notch at the center point or numbers that go minus to the left and plus to the right. Having them default to effective 200% volume but labeling it 100 is confusing (to me.)

Return to “u-he”