ACE, Diva, Hive, Repro - release candidates

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure who coined what, but usually Pressure was supposed to mean channel AT, and Aftertouch poly AT.

Urs wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:02 pmIt doesn’t?!?
Not sure what the heck was happening before but I go in to reproduce it and suddenly it's working. I'll go away now... :oops:

Nope. Something is definitely up. I think Ctrl-A may be hardwired to CC2 even after changing it in the RePro-5 preferences. Can someone else confirm? Here's what I'm doing with my Roli Rise and Reaper:

1. Roli Dashboard - Slide CC = 74
2. RePro-5 Preferences - Ctrl A = CC74
3. Assign Ctrl A to Filter Cutoff
4. Play Rise and slide vertically up the keys to increase cutoff

Result: no change in filter

5. Go to Roli Dashboard - set Slide CC = 2
6. Make no change to RePro-5's preferences (Ctrl A still equals CC74, still assigned to filter cutoff)
7. Play Rise and slide vertically up the keys to increase cutoff

Result: filter cutoff increases even though the Rise should be sending CC2 and Ctrl A should be CC74.

This is happening using the VST2 in Reaper 6.01. Maybe the preferences aren't updated, or something in the code is still hardwiring CC2 to the CtrlA spot. Can someone else confirm?

EDIT
EvilDragon got it. I had some default presets saved for my U-he synths. Result: when loading the new version, the per-instance Ctrl A settings were defaulted to CC2. This was over-riding the Ctrl A = CC74 I had setup globally. So if you saved default DAW presets, then change Ctrl A in the preferences, you'll need to also go in and change it on the MIDI Learn page and resave that DAW preset.

Thanks ED. Sorry for the false alarm to U-he and co.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yeah, Ctrl A/B do work fine polyphonically here in ACE.

Also, you set per-instance Ctrl A/B in MIDI learn page, not in Preferences. Those ones overrule the ones set in Preferences.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:45 pm Yeah, Ctrl A/B do work fine polyphonically here in ACE.
I probably edited my post right after you posted but I'm getting the same [incorrect] behavior in ACE. Ctrl A in ACE Preferences = CC74. Set Roli Rise to Slide on CC 74 and no response. Set Roli Rise to send CC2 on Slide and Ctrl A suddenly works even though it should still be set to CC74.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

I edited my post. Please reread. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:45 pm Yeah, Ctrl A/B do work fine polyphonically here in ACE.

Also, you set per-instance Ctrl A/B in MIDI learn page, not in Preferences. Those ones overrule the ones set in Preferences.
That's what it is! EvilDragon for the win! The default presets I saved in Reaper meant the per-instance settings (I forgot about) were set to CC2 even though the preferences were set to CC74. All is well with the world again.

Urs wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:35 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:13 pm
Urs wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:06 pm
enCiphered wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:17 pm And again no Midi-Out.. :tu:
I guess we should stop updating stuff all together for a few years until we manage to fulfill every single feature request - and hope that not all people have forgotten about us until then :clown:
If thatt's the case, do you mind making the repro effects on/off switches automatable? ;)

By the way, jsut curious, why is it called pressure in Diva but aftertouch in Repro. They are the same right?
We can make them automatable, but I don’t fully like the idea. It’s easier with a fixed set of slots like in Diva.

Yes, pressure and AT are the same. I don’t recall the history of who coined which and I guess there’s some kind of fashion of what it’s called by whom and when.
You mean among your developers? ;)

I do hope you automate the effects on/off. Nice to have those on control surfaces and also would be nice to actually be able to automate them turning on. :)

Question: is RePro supposed to have "per instance Ctrl A/B" options on the MIDI table like ACE for example? Here's what I'm seeing with RePro-5 9603. Trying to redeem myself for yesterday's confusion. :oops:

RePro-5
RePro MIDI Table.jpg
ACE
ACE MIDI Table.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:18 pm Question: is RePro supposed to have "per instance Ctrl A/B" options on the MIDI table like ACE for example? Here's what I'm seeing with RePro-5 9603. Trying to redeem myself for yesterday's confusion. :oops:
It's supposed to be there, I just checked it again on Windows and Mac, with VST2 and VST3. And the Ctrl A/B stuff is showing up on the MIDI table page.

Two possibilities, both related to a faulty installation.
1 - You are still loading the old version of the plugin (you can check the revision number in the main GUI, top middle, directly under the main display)
2 - You are using the new plugin version, but it accesses the old graphics, because the Repro-1.data folder has been installed in a different location than the old version.

Best solution: Completely uninstall, incl. removing all shortcut links to the Repro-1.data folder. Then reinstall.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thank you very much for another update!

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:49 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:18 pm Question: is RePro supposed to have "per instance Ctrl A/B" options on the MIDI table like ACE for example? Here's what I'm seeing with RePro-5 9603. Trying to redeem myself for yesterday's confusion. :oops:
It's supposed to be there, I just checked it again on Windows and Mac, with VST2 and VST3. And the Ctrl A/B stuff is showing up on the MIDI table page.

Two possibilities, both related to a faulty installation.
1 - You are still loading the old version of the plugin (you can check the revision number in the main GUI, top middle, directly under the main display)
2 - You are using the new plugin version, but it accesses the old graphics, because the Repro-1.data folder has been installed in a different location than the old version.

Best solution: Completely uninstall, incl. removing all shortcut links to the Repro-1.data folder. Then reinstall.
Thanks. Got it sorted.

Hey Urs (os someone U-he!), can you have a more detailed explanation about the new 'voice allocation algorithm'?

waltercruz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:21 pm Hey Urs (os someone U-he!), can you have a more detailed explanation about the new 'voice allocation algorithm'?
It's more easy to experience than to explain:

Set any of ACE/Diva/Bazille/Hive to 4 voices. Hold a 3-note chord with your left hand. Play a solo with your right. The 3 note chord will still sound, almost no matter what you do with your right hand (unless you hack like crazy, of course). Now try the same with any other synth. Any other synth we tried will sooner or later drop a note or two from the held chord.

Urs wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:00 pm
waltercruz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:21 pm Hey Urs (os someone U-he!), can you have a more detailed explanation about the new 'voice allocation algorithm'?
It's more easy to experience than to explain:

Set any of ACE/Diva/Bazille/Hive to 4 voices. Hold a 3-note chord with your left hand. Play a solo with your right. The 3 note chord will still sound, almost no matter what you do with your right hand (unless you hack like crazy, of course). Now try the same with any other synth. Any other synth we tried will sooner or later drop a note or two from the held chord.
Ah I see!
Urs wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:00 pm Any other synth we tried will sooner or later drop a note or two from the held chord.
This includes Repro itself? It was the other the synth that I tested and the notes from left hand really drop.

waltercruz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:16 pmThis includes Repro itself? It was the other the synth that I tested and the notes from left hand really drop.
Yes, most synths do. ATM only ACE/Bazille/Diva/Hive have gotten this new method from us, we will certainly expand it to Repro as well, and Zebra probably from the next major upgrade.

Return to “u-he”