Catalina Updates

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UPDATE:

All plug-ins available from our website are now super code signed and notarised for Catalina.

https://u-he.com/news/#catalina-updates-01-27

Cheers,

- U

Hi all,

this post will be updated with super code signed and notarised builds for Catalina.

ACE, Diva, Hive, Repro:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=536566 (Release Candidates)

ColourCopy, Filterscape, MFM2, Satin, Twangström, Triple Cheese, TyrellN6, ZebraCM:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=536562 (Re-releases. Caution: No VST2 32 bit!)

Uhbik, Bazille, Podolski:

Bazille (Latest builds): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=536688
Uhbik 2.0 Alpha 2: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=536689
Podolski Beta: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=534559 (Beta)

^^ these are Catalina ready alpha/beta versions

Zebra2:

https://u-he.com/products/zebra2/ (Released!)

ZebraHZ, Magware:

coming soon (TyrellN6, ZebraCM added to re-releases)

Info:

While our stuff currently "just works" in Catalina, it is widely expected that from some time in January an system update or "something" will increase the requirements. To meet those requirements we had to rebuild every plug-in (no big deal, but there are details...). In many cases we had to rebuild it from the state of its current official release, e.g. MFM2 has revision 3898 and is from 2015, so we had to take the code base from then and "make it work". In some cases this breaks VST2 32 bit on Mac due to an incompatibility we could not resolve - they open with a blank GUI. So these builds are truly only for new macOSes, even though 10.7 is still supported otherwise.

Some software which we had already put out as "latest builds" recently will be updated to brand new ..x versions. That's ACE, Diva, Hive, Repro (but not Bazille...). Each should support all formats in 32/64 bit and back to 10.7. Windows version will be updated as well.

Some software is in the middle of major developments, namely Uhbik, Bazille and TDZ/ZebraHZ. For Uhbik, only the upcoming alpha/beta/release versions of 2.0 will be ready for Catalina. We hope to release a full featured beta before Apple pulls the plug in January. A notarized Alpha will be available in a few days, before we leave for our holidays.

An "almost ready" update for Bazille will be released as "Latest Build" next week (before x-mas). We hope to fix a few more niggles, but mainly the tagging of the preset library will take a few more weeks.

ZebraHZ will be updated to 2.9 in January (but no NKS support, not fully XY-fied, not fully tagged), an intermediate version will be made available if the Catalina switch happens beforehand. There are a bunch more Combs and Resonators in there, as per request by HZ.

Zebra 2.9 is of course already fully compatible with Catalina.

Our freeware and magware will be beta tested and made available here as well, all magazines gave us okay to test them publicly before we ship them over.

Bookmark this thread for news and updates!

- U

Thanks Urs!

Cool! 8) Will Howard's Cookbook be released with the latest Bazille build? :hyper:
Happy holidays team u-he! :clap:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:34 am Cool! 8) Will Howard's Cookbook be released with the latest Bazille build? :hyper:
Happy holidays team u-he! :clap:
Hehehe, we can't possibly release the soundset while the Bazille update is not yet officially released.

But yes, once the Bazille factory library is tagged, we'll start tagging the Cookbook and release it asap.

Added links to notarized builds of

ACE, Diva, Hive, Repro, ColourCopy, Filterscape, MFM2, Satin, Twangström, Triple Cheese, Podolski, Zebra2

Some are still beta, but they should definitely work in Catalina.

Added links to new builds of Bazille, Uhbik.

Added TyrellN6, ZebraCM for testing

UPDATE:

All plug-ins available from our website are now super code signed and notarised for Catalina.

https://u-he.com/news/#catalina-updates-01-27

Cheers,

- U

Duplicate post

I just updated everything over the last several days. Should I do it again though? Are there changes that were made today?

Thnk you!

killmaster wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:00 pm I just updated everything over the last several days. Should I do it again though? Are there changes that were made today?

Thnk you!
If ACE, Diva, Hive, Podolski, Zebra2, ZebraHZ show revision number 9709 and Repro does 9669, you're fine.

If you have any other plug-in from us and you're on Catalina, we highly recommend to download and run current installers. The revision number is always increased by 1, so Bazille which is currently at 3898 will read 3899.

If you're not on Catalina, there's no pressure to update anything, but we'd recommend to update the first lot (ACE, Diva...) anyway on either platform due to vast number of improvements.

Thank you! Good to know. It can get confusing quick :) Yes I do have other plugins as well and I'm on Catalina so I appreciate the clarification!

Return to “u-he”