Zebra 2.9 released

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZebraHZ just needs to be authorised with a Z2 serial number, but otherwise it acts as an independent plug-in.

If the AU doesn't show up, it could be a Catalina thing. Best to contact our support directly; they know more about this than I do.

bhinton wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:37 am Addendum: it's only the AU that doesn't show up. The VST does and I was able to authorize it. The AU component is in the library, just doesn't show up in any software (regular zebra does).
AU not showing up after installation is the usual Apple problem. Best case: A single reboot of the Mac is enough to make it show up.
Worst case: Having to reboot again and again and again, or deleting the AU cache, or installing HZ again, rinse and repeat until the system finally recognizes the newly added AU.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

bhinton wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:32 amnew MacBook Pro
bhinton wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:37 amonly the AU that doesn't show up.
Assuming your new Mac is running Catalina, you'll probably just need to reboot your Mac (once) after installing before the AU shows up.

We also have an FAQ article about this.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

bhinton wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:37 am Addendum: it's only the AU that doesn't show up. The VST does and I was able to authorize it. The AU component is in the library, just doesn't show up in any software (regular zebra does). So is the AU ZebHZ dependent on 2.8 to load?
Show newly installed plug-ins in Logic without system restart: open Terminal, paste the command below and hit Enter key. Type your password when asked (and keep in mind there will be no visual indication), so just type the password and hit Enter key.

Code: Select all

sudo killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar

Our new installers don’t need that anymore, but The Dark Zebra has of course not been updated yet...

this has been the thing since mojave tho, the reboot

unless I'm going a little crazy, I seem to remember the expanded wave editor in 2.8 having gridlines. seems like an odd feature to remove

You arent. I will however leave it to u-he to explain.
Rsp
sound sculptist

NERF_PROTOSS wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:40 pm unless I'm going a little crazy, I seem to remember the expanded wave editor in 2.8 having gridlines. seems like an odd feature to remove
The grid lines were in a bitmap image. Turns out that painting a curve over a bitmap image is excessively slow on Macs. We sacrificed them for performance reasons.

Thankfully I kept the old image before the update and just replaced it afterwards. Gridlines are still there. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:40 pm Thankfully I kept the old image before the update and just replaced it afterwards. Gridlines are still there. :)
Can you please share it, if it is allowed?

Edit: Thank you :tu:
Last edited by suisidechain on Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here you go.
Panes.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

weirdly I still had the old BG-OSC-FS png in my data folder, it just doesn't load :(

edit - plugmon has a great looking free theme for zebralette, the wave editor in there will do me nicely for the time being

Is there a way to try Zebra HZ? I have the regular Zebra but still I’m not clear what advantages it has ove the regular Zebra (besides the soundset of course).

There's no demo, you can only try it by buying it. Extras: different GUI, Diva filters, per voice compressors, resonators. Also, The Dark Zebra owners get Zebra 3 for free when released.

Return to “u-he”