Diva vs Behringer D blind test...

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vitocorleone123 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:08 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:45 pm So we can expect a "Behringer model D" in Diva2? :hihi:
You'd better hope you don't live near U-He HQ.... :D
We have a complete set of B clones. No qualms stabbing them with our probes. Might save some vintage beauty from open circuit surgery.

I wonder what it is thats up with the Model D envelopes...I can't believe a Mini is like them...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:45 pm So we can expect a "Behringer model D" in Diva2? :hihi:
If they rename it from "Diva" into "Street Hooker" then maybe. ;)

Not claiming anything about the Behringer's quality (the Youtube comparisons actually seemed great), it's just that it's so damn cheap, that i see nothing Diva-esque about it. :D

I would say
A=Diva
B=Behringer

A sounds a little bit more harsh. B is a little bit softer on the high end and more bassy. Nothing which could not be matched with an EQ. Apart from that, it sounds very similar.

SamDi wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:13 pm I would say
A=Diva
B=Behringer
:ud: Page 3.

e@rs wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:51 pm
SamDi wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:13 pm I would say
A=Diva
B=Behringer
:ud: Page 3.
Oh sh*t, obviously my reading competence was not in a best state this morning. Thanks, nevertheless.

SWAN808 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:23 pm
Urs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm Can't really say... after listening a few times I find giveaways for either in A and B. Goes to show that the Behringer is actually quite close.
haha yes the Behringer emulation of Diva is not far off although there are are few areas I will point out after the reveal I think are a bit inaccurate...not bad effort tho!
Except the Boog only has oscillators and filters from one classic analog in a fixed configuration, whereas Diva has 6 oscs and 5/6 filters from classic analogs in a swappable semi-modular configuration. Behringer has a long way to go before they match Urs & Co. :wink:

Test 1 - prefer A
Test 2 - no preference
Test 3 - prefer A... slightly
Test 4 - preferred neither but A sounded more "real"
Test 5 - prefer B
Test 6 - no preference
Test 7 - prefer B
Test 8 - prefer A slightly
Test 9 - prefer B
Test 10 - prefer A slightly
Test 11 - prefer A slightly

And since A is the Boog, that means that DIVA WINS!!! :D

I retract my prior statement about being able to tell an instance of Diva and the Boog apart by playing polyphony. There's a polyphonic MiniBoog coming out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lx-9mLB1V0

Watching this...it looks like it's paraphonic and not full polyphony. Still, a paraphonic Mini with a keyboard will be hard to resist.

funkybot - you are right that with plugins - polyphony can be the downfall (especially unison, as is the case with something like the OP-X)...however - with Diva - I have found no evidence of this. The majority of Gearslutz and KVR failed in a blind test of Diva vs my now ex-OB8...with plenty of polyphonic and unison sounds in the test...

proteus-ix wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:42 am
SWAN808 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:23 pm
Urs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm Can't really say... after listening a few times I find giveaways for either in A and B. Goes to show that the Behringer is actually quite close.
haha yes the Behringer emulation of Diva is not far off although there are are few areas I will point out after the reveal I think are a bit inaccurate...not bad effort tho!
Except the Boog only has oscillators and filters from one classic analog in a fixed configuration, whereas Diva has 6 oscs and 5/6 filters from classic analogs in a swappable semi-modular configuration.
prob because the Behringer D is a clone of the MiniMoog, not several other instruments.

SWAN808 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:25 pm funkybot - you are right that with plugins - polyphony can be the downfall (especially unison, as is the case with something like the OP-X)...however - with Diva - I have found no evidence of this. The majority of Gearslutz and KVR failed in a blind test of Diva vs my now ex-OB8...with plenty of polyphonic and unison sounds in the test...
i think he was joking, referring to the fact that model D is a monophonic synth and diva can do polyphony

Ploki wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:53 pm
SWAN808 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:25 pm funkybot - you are right that with plugins - polyphony can be the downfall (especially unison, as is the case with something like the OP-X)...however - with Diva - I have found no evidence of this. The majority of Gearslutz and KVR failed in a blind test of Diva vs my now ex-OB8...with plenty of polyphonic and unison sounds in the test...
i think he was joking, referring to the fact that model D is a monophonic synth and diva can do polyphony
Yep. That was all! No biggie. :hihi:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:42 pm
Yep. That was all! No biggie. :hihi:
ah whoops haha

Return to “u-he”