Diva vs Behringer D blind test...

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Battle of the emulations - who will win?! Who is outdated old tech?! Who could have used better quality hardware and more accurate resistor values?

Thank you Urs for making such a cool synth with Diva! I remember arguing with you about how Zebra didn't match the tone of real analogue synths on KVR, and now I am promoting Diva and posting comparisons with analogue synths ;)...

https://youtu.be/Q9jgWIqp0bw

(oh and I have a new soundset for Diva out as well ;) - here is the demo)

https://youtu.be/NdKWBRG3Czg
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Hah! Will give it a spin after breakfast!

Great (and unbiased) test. I would say that A is Diva and B is the Model D, simply because I hear more oscillator phasing/movement in B and it has more presence.

Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong, they're so close. The difference I was hearing was pretty consistent across all tests, and the final test where FX were added show how easily this becomes a non issue 'in the mix' as the differences became virtually irrelevant then.

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:56 am Hah! Will give it a spin after breakfast!
8) Cool let me know what you think!
tehlord wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:33 am Great (and unbiased) test. I would say that A is Diva and B is the Model D, simply because I hear more oscillator phasing/movement in B and it has more presence.

Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong, they're so close. The difference I was hearing was pretty consistent across all tests, and the final test where FX were added show how easily this becomes a non issue 'in the mix' as the differences became virtually irrelevant then.
thanks mate glad you see it as unbiased I try my best to eliminate it...will drop the answer soon!
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

I agree, the recorded difference is minimal, though I would 'guess' B is the hardware.
I can hear the difference with a VA and hardware live in my studio (unless interacting with hardware is placebo!) but never so much when recorded...I wonder if a 96K or uncompressed recording would be different?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

tehlord wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:33 am Great (and unbiased) test.
How can a promotion for your soundset be unbiased?

Biggest issue with such tests is the amount of effort going into the software matching the hardware, or vice versa. Like... adding additional noise in the software, to match the hardware's noise floor. In general, rather matching the sound than trying to match the characteristics of the hardware at roughly the same settings.
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A is Behringer B Diva

A=Diva

Lucastyle wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:49 pm A is Behringer B Diva
I would say the same.

SWAN808 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:28 pm 8) Cool let me know what you think!
Can't really say... after listening a few times I find giveaways for either in A and B. Goes to show that the Behringer is actually quite close.

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm
SWAN808 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:28 pm 8) Cool let me know what you think!
Can't really say... after listening a few times I find giveaways for either in A and B. Goes to show that the Behringer is actually quite close.
:lol:

Love the subtle way of phrasing Diva is 1:1 to the Moog ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

(hehehe, couldn't resist...)

A=above mentioned hardware
B=Diva

Did not find it particularly obvious what's what though!

You didn't EQ anything, did you, SwanAudio?

Viktor

Very cool VS :)
If there is no EQ, I think Diva is B

Would be great a Repro1 vs Behringer Pro1 ;)

I have no idea which is which but I generally preferred A.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”