Uhbik 2.0 - Concepts & Roadmap

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:19 am
DarkStar wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:20 am The first rule of Uhbik Rack (Uhbik-X) is:
Urs wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:40 pm The possibility is real, but we will not show/discuss anything tangible before we go beta with this :clown:
No discussion needed, but I hope that you consider serial / parallel FX paths (a la Blue Cat Audio) and others) at some stage.
Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.18.42.png
That looks much more interesting, especially when combined with the new modulators.

Curious to see how it will look............OK never mind. I see the other thread now.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Requests:

1. Could you please test that many instances of Uhbiks not lead to sluggish GUI response or crashes inside a DAW.
(That's the reason why didn't use it many years)

2. Would it be possible to implement a smart FX-Bypass, so that Uhbiks don't use CPU-Cycles if there is no signal audio input.
3. I also bought Filterscape years ago. Could it also get such nice update.

Beside this, congrat to this wonderfull update !

MorpherX wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 am
2. Would it be possible to implement a smart FX-Bypass, so that Uhbiks don't use CPU-Cycles if there is no signal audio input.
Depends on which DAW you use, that might already work. I know it doesnt on logic :x

Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:54 am Depends on which DAW you use, that might already work. I know it doesnt on logic :x
Welcome to Apple
Murderous duck!

MorpherX wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 am Requests:

1. Could you please test that many instances of Uhbiks not lead to sluggish GUI response or crashes inside a DAW.
Why don't you test it yourself? See if you still have those issues. If so, report them here or to u-he support.

Rivanni wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:50 am
MorpherX wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 am Requests:

Why don't you test it yourself? See if you still have those issues. If so, report them here or to u-he support.
u-he should have some sort of public testing phase where people can check performance on their systems and feedback before they go live with a production release :ud:
Always Read the Manual!

That's exactly why we do public betas, and now even a public alpha.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

i think he was being sarcastic

Sorry I thought the upside smiley would be a giveaway
Always Read the Manual!

Maybe sascha was being sarcastic as well

I'm not that much into sarcasm, just wanted to emphasize our attempt with these things. But I'm not into upside-down smileys either. Maybe should have my daughter give me a lecture on emojis and memes...
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

They are exactly like regular smileys, only upside-down. Think of them as reverse-polarity smileys. So if you use a regular smiley and an upside-down smiley side-by-side, they cancel out; and you've wasted all of your typing. However, if you combine a half-upside-down smiley (i.e. a 90deg polarity smiley) with a regular smiley, you can actually get smiley-peak-enhancement, which makes everybody feel extra good. :tu:

:phones:
sascha wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:50 am I'm not that much into sarcasm, just wanted to emphasize our attempt with these things. But I'm not into upside-down smileys either. Maybe should have my daughter give me a lecture on emojis and memes...

It might be interesting to have feedback path in delay and reverb affected by other uhbiks.
Murderous duck!

I would greatly suggest to change the plugin names. It's super confusing for me and always requires me to think a few seconds which plugin I want to use.
Also back then when I didn't exactly know what Uhbik is, the names confused me from a marketing point of view :D

And yes, I read about the problem with the plugin IDs, but I think the incompability to version Uhbik 1 is worth the name change.
-
also +1 for the possible rack. Something with the concept of Unfiltered Audio BYOME, but with the uhbik plugins would be great :)

Return to “u-he”