Uhbik 2.0 public alpha rev. 9313

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiot wrote:
"Works fine in Cubase 10.5, but there is no bypass-option in the Cubase Mixer"...."I have installed the 64bit VST2 and VST3 versions on Windows 10."
Same deal here with Cubase 10.5 on the Mac OS. First time I've ever seen that happen, as well.
On a number of Macs

The leading edges of the Random LFO don't sound very sharp to my ears. Seems a bit too rounded. Not a complaint...just an observation.
On a number of Macs

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 pm
lunardigs wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:00 pm Btw, Urs, do you use something like SPICE to emulate your circuits? Rather, do you just design from equations? Obviously you listen to the results and tweak, but I mean the initial approach.
Equations! (derived from Kirchhoff's Current Law and supplementary equations)

https://urs.silvrback.com/analogue-modeling
Ahh, I remember this blog ... good read!

Does there come a point with these designs where you don't know what's actually happening inside the model? Meaning, it gets so big and complex it becomes a black-box of sorts?

From SSM2040 datasheet. Two OTAs and one OPAMP for reso I guess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Murderous duck!

Weasel-Boy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:12 am audiot wrote:
"Works fine in Cubase 10.5, but there is no bypass-option in the Cubase Mixer"...."I have installed the 64bit VST2 and VST3 versions on Windows 10."
Same deal here with Cubase 10.5 on the Mac OS. First time I've ever seen that happen, as well.
It's a VST3 thing, bypass option is there when you use the VST2.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:08 am
Alright! Will there be a bypass option in a future release? It's not a big deal but I prefer VST3 because sidechaining with VST2 is a f***ing headache in Cubase. BTW ... will there be a sidechaining option for the VST3 versions in a future release?

audiot wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:22 pm Alright! Will there be a bypass option in a future release? It's not a big deal but I prefer VST3 because sidechaining with VST2 is a f***ing headache in Cubase. BTW ... will there be a sidechaining option for the VST3 versions in a future release?
If we find out why the button is not there currently, we might be able to add it for the release. Can't promise it, though.
And I really have no idea if there is a sidechain integration planned for the future.

audiot wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:22 pm
Alright! Will there be a bypass option in a future release? It's not a big deal but I prefer VST3 because sidechaining with VST2 is a f***ing headache in Cubase. BTW ... will there be a sidechaining option for the VST3 versions in a future release?
I'm not inside the matter atm but I think VST3 offers the option to use a plug-in's built-in bypass as The Bypass. And that's what we do. So maybe that's why Cubase doesn't display an extra one.

Urs wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:32 pm
audiot wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:22 pm
I'm not inside the matter atm but I think VST3 offers the option to use a plug-in's built-in bypass as The Bypass. And that's what we do. So maybe that's why Cubase doesn't display an extra one.
But if you want to bypass the effect you have to open the UI. This is a bit unusual, because it needs 3 Clicks: open the UI, click on the internal bypass, close the UI. Usually you just click a small toggle-button in the mixer or a small toggle-button at the top-bar of the vst-window. I cant remember another VST3 where the bypass button is missing. But again ... it's not a big deal to me :tu:

Urs wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:32 pm I'm not inside the matter atm but I think VST3 offers the option to use a plug-in's built-in bypass as The Bypass. And that's what we do. So maybe that's why Cubase doesn't display an extra one.
This is something you'll want to fix. It's for all intents and purposes a bug.

Not even Cubase's Bypass-All-Inserts button works on them.

Here's a video
https://imgur.com/8owP0cv

Kaya Orsan wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:33 pm
Urs wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:32 pm I'm not inside the matter atm but I think VST3 offers the option to use a plug-in's built-in bypass as The Bypass. And that's what we do. So maybe that's why Cubase doesn't display an extra one.
This is something you'll want to fix. It's for all intents and purposes a bug.

Here's a video
Does indeed look like a bug to me too.

Kaya Orsan wrote:

Here's a video
I get the same results as well on the Mac OS. Additionally, VST3 versions of Satin, Presswerks, ColourCopy and all Uhbik VST2 versions respond correctly to any of Cubases's insert bypass buttons. Just the Uhbik VST3 versions fail. Looks like a bug to me.
On a number of Macs

As I said, I'm not focussed on VST3 atm, if it's a bug we'll surely fix it before we go public beta!

There is already a ticket for it in our system (I noticed the issue last week and made one), so it will surely be looked into before the release. ;)

This new GUI design for Uhbik is exceptionally exciting. I'm probably late to the party of people saying this...but it still deserves to be said. Loving the whole u-he effects plugin ecosystem.

Return to “u-he”