"Neumann" GUI for Zebra²/Zebralette

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tapekiller wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:00 pm Oh, I almost forgot. The Matrix and XY pads look different from the images on the website, I really liked the look of it (yellow text on dark background is good) and the background gradients look a bit weird (I would understand if the elements were very far away, but imo the gradient background is just visual noise right now). Also, the x and y parameters were yellow on black, but they are white on black now... Any way to change them back to the original look by ourselves (from what I understand, it should be possible through zebra2.txt in scripts folder)? I really loved the original look
My apology that some screenshots remains old. Changes on XY pads or Mod matrix has been made very recently. Some aesthetic changes may not fit for some people but I have to choose one, so alternative images will be included in future, but bug fix and compatibility support are definitely priority.
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

plugmon wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:25 pm My apology that some screenshots remains old. Changes on XY pads or Mod matrix has been made very recently. Some aesthetic changes may not fit for some people but I have to choose one, so alternative images will be included in future, but bug fix and compatibility support are definitely priority.
Understood. Such a shame, cause it looked very good imo, and seeing a different thing than what was advertised was a bit disappointing.
Anyway, is there any way to change them by ourselves through the zebra2.txt file (also, the separate modules background colours like in my first post)?
Thanks in advance

tapekiller wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:44 pm
plugmon wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:25 pm My apology that some screenshots remains old. Changes on XY pads or Mod matrix has been made very recently. Some aesthetic changes may not fit for some people but I have to choose one, so alternative images will be included in future, but bug fix and compatibility support are definitely priority.
Understood. Such a shame, cause it looked very good imo, and seeing a different thing than what was advertised was a bit disappointing.
Anyway, is there any way to change them by ourselves through the zebra2.txt file (also, the separate modules background colours like in my first post)?
Thanks in advance
You can edit anything, literally.

Replace every "minicon_ModSrc_Silver" with "minicon_ModSrc" will revert yellow icons back.
And Around line 600 there's a script of modulation ring, named "MMRing" and "MMVRing".
Changing its color from "DispTextColor" to "ModColor3" and you'll get the yellow MM rings again.
As for module BGs, Just replacing png files works.

P.S. close fullscreen buttons are now fixed, thanks!

plugmon wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:08 pm You can edit anything, literally.

Replace every "minicon_ModSrc_Silver" with "minicon_ModSrc" will revert yellow icons back.
And Around line 600 there's a script of modulation ring, named "MMRing" and "MMVRing".
Changing its color from "DispTextColor" to "ModColor3" and you'll get the yellow MM rings again.

I really appreciate the help! I was skimming through the file but there are more than 30k lines, and even if there are comments every now and then it's hard to pin exactly what to change, especially when I'm a bit clueless about how the script file works (I didn't even know that colours were "named" and not simply hex values).
I was able to get the non-gradient background by simply creating a copy of bg-cc3 and calling it bg-cc2, and I didn't think I actually could find the .png files of the modules backgrounds... for some reason I thought they were generated through the script file like drzhnn's redux skin. So, it's much easier to change them to my likings luckily, thanks for the heads up.
So now I'm only missing the modulation targets name colours (and the lower section of the xy tab, but that's less important).

One very last thing, and I promise I'll stop bothering you for a while :ud: . I think the background of the search field could match the background of the actual text field, which is a bit lighter as you can see from the image. Maybe it's an issue only on my pc though, I don't know.

What about the "Wide" skin ?
thank U
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

tapekiller wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:18 pm
plugmon wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:08 pm You can edit anything, literally.

I really appreciate the help! I was skimming through the file but there are more than 30k lines, and even if there are comments every now and then it's hard to pin exactly what to change, especially when I'm a bit clueless about how the script file works (I didn't even know that colours were "named" and not simply hex values).
I was able to get the non-gradient background by simply creating a copy of bg-cc3 and calling it bg-cc2, and I didn't think I actually could find the .png files of the modules backgrounds... for some reason I thought they were generated through the script file like drzhnn's redux skin. So, it's much easier to change them to my likings luckily, thanks for the heads up.
I found out how to change the text too, if anyone is interested, simply replace 'DispTextColor' with 'ModColor2' like this

Code: Select all

PROPERTY control='MM1 Target' name='colours' id='2' value='ModColor2'
instead of

Code: Select all

PROPERTY control='MM1 Target' name='colours' id='2' value='DispTextColor'
(example is on line 9533, just look for MM2 Target, MM3 target and replace the colour in every line similar to this)
So now I'm just missing the lower section of the xy tab

One very last thing, and I promise I'll stop bothering you for a while :ud: . I think the background of the search field could match the background of the actual text field, which is a bit lighter as you can see from the image. Maybe it's an issue only on my pc though, I don't know.

tapekiller wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:18 pm I really appreciate the help! I was skimming through the file but there are more than 30k lines, and even if there are comments every now and then it's hard to pin exactly what to change, especially when I'm a bit clueless about how the script file works (I didn't even know that colours were "named" and not simply hex values).
So now I'm only missing the modulation targets name colours (and the lower section of the xy tab, but that's less important).

Some of my images are generated by script, but not as thorough as drzhnn's :lol:
Mini XY is made with some images and scripts so it's tough to edit them. ("X11 Wrap" is where that part starts. and in "UI Elements" folder, 3 images starting with "XY" reside.)

And search background! That's one thing I've neglected though I think I have to fix. I'll tackle on it, thanks.

Home Studio 87 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:30 pm What about the "Wide" skin ?
thank U
Do you mean the 3 racks version? Not yet that stage. I'm currently working on ZebraHZ support 8)

plugmon wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:35 am Some of my images are generated by script, but not as thorough as drzhnn's :lol:
Mini XY is made with some images and scripts so it's tough to edit them. ("X11 Wrap" is where that part starts. and in "UI Elements" folder, 3 images starting with "XY" reside.)

And search background! That's one thing I've neglected though I think I have to fix. I'll tackle on it, thanks.
Yeah I noticed that the "range" is an image (which text looks a bit blurred, not sure if making it for 200% and downscaling it would be better). Anyway, I'm already very content with just changing the matrix section (I managed to change the texts as well and make them yellow too, just like the original screenshot :D ) and the texts of the mini xy pad tab, so that's enough for me.
I also noticed the very great addition of modules colours and icons in the grid, that's awesome. And because of that I think I won't change the modules background colours because the grid ones reflect them.

Now I have to write down the exact lines that I've changed so I can replace them in the upcoming updates of the skin file, because I'm pretty sure I can't just keep the old scripts file.
Last thing, is it normal that the "q" in "Sequence" on the top left is not as bold as the other letters? Sorry if I come across as pedantic, it's not my intention, I just want to point out stuff that might not be intentional and can be addressed before splitting the work further with the 3 racks version.

tapekiller wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 am
plugmon wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:35 am Some of my images are generated by script, but not as thorough as drzhnn's :lol:

Yeah I noticed that the "range" is an image (which text looks a bit blurred, not sure if making it for 200% and downscaling it would be better). Anyway, I'm already very content with just changing the matrix section (I managed to change the texts as well and make them yellow too, just like the original screenshot :D ) and the texts of the mini xy pad tab, so that's enough for me.
I also noticed the very great addition of modules colours and icons in the grid, that's awesome. And because of that I think I won't change the modules background colours because the grid ones reflect them.

Now I have to write down the exact lines that I've changed so I can replace them in the upcoming updates of the skin file, because I'm pretty sure I can't just keep the old scripts file.
Last thing, is it normal that the "q" in "Sequence" on the top left is not as bold as the other letters? Sorry if I come across as pedantic, it's not my intention, I just want to point out stuff that might not be intentional and can be addressed before splitting the work further with the 3 racks version.
Some early age sections don't have 2x downscaling feature (instead they simply shows double sized images, rubbish). I hope they'll be updated when Zebra3 comes.

"Sequence" on the top left is rendered with GUI system (not an image) so I think it's as intended, though it might be displayed slightly different according to environments such as zoom rate, display resolution and so on. Your feedback is always appreciated!

I took a screenshot of few different zoom settings, I'm on a 2160x1440 display, windows.
70%Image
90%Image
100%Image
130%Image
150%Image
170%Image
200%Image
no aliasing
200%Image

so I think that the problem is actually how the bold font is rendered when aliasing is on. Not sure if that is related to the font itself or how the OS renders the font with aliasing on (maybe that's on windows, do you happen to work on mac? Because your website images are correct)

tapekiller wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:56 pm I took a screenshot of few different zoom settings, I'm on a 2160x1440 display, windows.
70%Image
90%Image
100%Image
130%Image
150%Image
170%Image
200%Image
no aliasing
200%Image

so I think that the problem is actually how the bold font is rendered when aliasing is on. Not sure if that is related to the font itself or how the OS renders the font with aliasing on (maybe that's on windows, do you happen to work on mac? Because your website images are correct)
Screenshots really help, thanks! Yes I'm using mac and cannot replicate this issue. In 200% it's correctly rendered, so I reckon something does bad when downscaling fonts for high resolution screens.
In future versions I will use capital letters/medium font weight, hoping it fixes this.

why do i have two skins for zebralette?
"Neumann" and "Neumann for zebralette" and why are they a little different? and which is the right one :)

Ploki wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:26 pm why do i have two skins for zebralette?
"Neumann" and "Neumann for zebralette" and why are they a little different? and which is the right one :)
“Neumann”, the one for Zebra², includes Zebralette version inside it. So if you have “Neumann” installed, there’s no need of having "Neumann for zebralette".

ah, thanks!

Return to “u-he”