"Neumann" GUI for Zebra²/Zebralette

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a big window for editing MSEGs like with the oscillators?
Yorgos Simeonidis

Really nicely clean and on-the-point design, I love this.

filulilu wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:30 am From the Neumann support page: "Not yet compatible with Zebra HZ or Zebrify, but they will be."
I was prepared to start nagging but...
Also, why Neumann?
Are you asking the reason for its name? Firstly it's named after Von Neumann, a mathematician that came to my mind when I was watching this skin. And I heard that it's one of German family names which means "New-Man" in literal, which I thought would be suitable for this new skin. Nothing to do with the microphone company :hihi:
filulilu wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:23 am Is there a big window for editing MSEGs like with the oscillators?
Not yet.I'll add that in the future update!
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

filulilu wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:30 am From the Neumann support page: "Not yet compatible with Zebra HZ or Zebrify, but they will be."
I was prepared to start nagging but...
Also, why Neumann?
Thanks for the heads up about not yet compatible with Zebra HZ. I will wait until that is resolved then get Neumann.

I am not into the "flat" look usually, but this GUI is very nice.

hey @plugmon, just wanted to report a small bug in OSC2, 3 & 4. the WTPos Mod ring can not select the Mod source and also does not "scroll" the mod amount in normal mode/view, once you expand it to full screen view then you can select a Mod source and scroll the mod amount, the OSC1 works perfect
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

HTT wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:07 pm Thanks for the heads up about not yet compatible with Zebra HZ. I will wait until that is resolved then get Neumann.

I am not into the "flat" look usually, but this GUI is very nice.
The trick is that the knobs, sliders and switches have shadows on them so they have kinda touch of hardware. A hybrid design! 8)

Garzita wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:01 am hey @plugmon, just wanted to report a small bug in OSC2, 3 & 4. the WTPos Mod ring can not select the Mod source and also does not "scroll" the mod amount in normal mode/view, once you expand it to full screen view then you can select a Mod source and scroll the mod amount, the OSC1 works perfect
Thanks! and I found the same issue on OSC phase & Comb input. Gonna update soon.

It's updated to v1.0.1! The bug pointed above is now fixed.

What a beautiful design. Congratulations!
This might be the first time I consider buying Zebra (long-time Hive, Diva and Bazille user).
I always hated the ugly GUI´s of Zebra and HZ version. 2.8 is not better.

plugmon wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:10 am
r_v wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:12 pm Crashing for me too. Zebra2_7114_Mac on MacOS 10.14.6 in Ableton Live 10.1.1. Selecting the skin crashes Live, then after re-starting, the GUI is white. I have to remove the skin form my com.u-he.Zebra2.Preferences.txt to get the GUI back to the default again.
Zebra 2.8 is Rev.7325 or higher. in 2.8 Zebra got the new preset browser (with search function & 8 color favorites. Neumann's script is compatible only with that new browser, which will cause crash on older version.
It also got Fold and NuRev modules so I recommend that you update Zebra regardless of my skin!
Thanks! Working great on 7422.

Loving the theme! The only thing I noticed off of the bat is that the plugin seems to capture the keyboard in Cubase Pro on the Mac. The other themes I have for Zebra2 do not do this. Is there a way to change that? I can't start and stop my DAW, for instance, if Neumann is the active plug. Thanks!

UmFuFu wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:49 pm Loving the theme! The only thing I noticed off of the bat is that the plugin seems to capture the keyboard in Cubase Pro on the Mac. The other themes I have for Zebra2 do not do this. Is there a way to change that? I can't start and stop my DAW, for instance, if Neumann is the active plug. Thanks!
Thanks for reporting. I've never heard of that kind of bugs before :o
I can't guess what part of my script plays the trick. As it doesn't happen on my Cubase Element 9.5, I can't say I can fix that....I hope it to be temporal thing.

A "Wide" option would be great......
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

Would love to buy that skin, but unfortunatly it's not usable in Cubase 10 Pro :( If you turn down a knob, and reach a value of around 20% its jumping immediately to zero. Same if you turn up a knob - then it's jumping from 0 to 20%. Or is that a trial restriction?

Home Studio 87 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:09 am A "Wide" option would be great......
That's one of my plans, the triple rack version. It'll come at some point some time.
audiot wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:12 am Would love to buy that skin, but unfortunatly it's not usable in Cubase 10 Pro :( If you turn down a knob, and reach a value of around 20% its jumping immediately to zero. Same if you turn up a knob - then it's jumping from 0 to 20%. Or is that a trial restriction?
No, that must be a bug... I looked into the knob images and found a possible cause and modified that. I updated the demo package so please will you try the demo again? Whether it's fixed or not, your report will be of great help.

https://plugmon.jp/product/neumann-for-zebra/#trial

plugmon wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:13 pm
Home Studio 87 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:09 am A "Wide" option would be great......
That's one of my plans, the triple rack version. It'll come at some point some time.
Please make large scrollbar between (think touch :wink: )
Thank U
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

Return to “u-he”