[Hive 2] How to delay the Attack of an Envelope ?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know how I can achieve a delayed pluck sound with an Amplitude Env. Any idea ?

Thanks

You can use Func1 Still to modulate a parameter you want to be "delayed" (probably OSC volume). And then with A and D knobs of Function 1 generator, you can control the length of the delay.

Also you can get complex envelope shapes with predelay using Shape Sequencer in One Shot mode.

play the note late?

AnX wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:44 pm play the note late?
What if he wants to apply delay to only one of the oscillators? Or just to filter cutoff?

I was just messing, I deeply apologise

drzhnn wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:26 pm You can use Func1 Still to modulate a parameter you want to be "delayed" (probably OSC volume). And then with A and D knobs of Function 1 generator, you can control the length of the delay.

Also you can get complex envelope shapes with predelay using Shape Sequencer in One Shot mode.
Ah thanks it works! I knew I had to use the Function Generator but I'm still confused on how to use it properly even after reading the manual a couple of times...

You can actually use standard LFO for that. They are just less flexible and could be useful for some other things. Set LFO to Square Lo-Hi, Restart to Gate, Time Base to 10s. Assign LFO to control the parameter you need to delay. Use LFO's Phase knob (50.00 or less) to define the delay time. It will act like a gate function, that reopens every 10 seconds. So you might want to set Rate to -5 to slow it down.

Return to “u-he”