MIDI on zebra.. it's been years.. i still don't get it

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

for me zebra is a pleasure and a nightmare. i like the sound. but really the midi kills my workflow. i already had messages about this. people try to explain. i don't get why 99.99% of software of the world have a midi learn that is "per instance" where zebra has a midi learn for all !
each change you make you destroy previous sessions. each reinstallation you loose all data if no backup of that specific support assign folder. absolutly crazy from my point of view.

now .. i need to find a way to use this. i have lemur Liine and a template "com.u-he.Zebra2.midiassign.txt" that comes with it.
i drop this .txt file in the folder Zebra2.data\Support
therefore i replace the one that was there.
now i launch zebra = my txt file is replaced by zebra's default !
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:
dafuk.. really ?
so i put my .txt again and "lock to read only"
i get messages from zebra plugin.. reenter serials..
please... step by step someone tell me HOW THE HELL you use this midi assignation efficiently. i wasted so many hours that it's almost to the point i only use zebra for some basic presets and giveup on it. i tend to use Massive X more and more as the sound is as good.. and midi assign works as expected.

All u-he plugins have MIDI learn per instance. If you don't want this, maybe your host has MIDI learn feature (I know for sure that Reaper does), so use that instead.

Return to “u-he”