Latest Builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 9033)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elnn wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:27 pm This update screwed up some of my Bazille presets on Logic (not saved as Bazille patches). Reverting to rev. 8791 fixes it. I could send some of them if you'd like.
Yes, please do.

Do you use parameter automation?

I do – sequencer divide and env attack on one, LFO rate on another. There were more patches, but the scare got me quickly and I switched back immediately : )
Shall I still send them? Through support / bug report section?
Brzzzzzzt.

elnn wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:33 pm Shall I still send them? Through support / bug report section?
Yes, please do.
With some more information about your system (macOS version, Logic version, ...), and in what way exactly they are "screwed up".
That QA guy from planet u-he.

elnn wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:33 pm Shall I still send them? Through support / bug report section?
Actually, no need to send the presets. I figured out what happened.

Somehow a lonely parameter (LFO 2 DepthMod Src1) magically made it onto the list of Bazille's automation parameters between rev. 8791 and 9033.
And for whatever reason it didn't attach itself to the end of the list, but squeezed itself in there next to the DepthMod Dpth parameter.
As a result, projects made with earlier versions, which are reloaded with rev. 9033 will have quite a few parameters shifted by one position in the automation list.
So please don't use Bazille 9033 for any projects where you are using host automation.
We need to remove this parameter from the list. If you'd save projects with rev. 9033 and use host automation, then the automation might be messed up with future versions of Bazille.
Diva, Hive, and ACE are not affected by this.

I'll add this info to the first post of this thread.

Does it make sense to remove the link to the download from the first post (just for Bazille) until resolved? I'm thinking to prevent anyone who hasn't already downloaded it from checking it out and ignoring the warning.

I've added a warning directly next to the download link, you can't really miss it (I hope).

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:55 pm
Thanks
Brzzzzzzt.

I have a weird issue in current Live version 10.1.3 where I load a project saved with the old version of ACE into the new version to remap Cutoff & Env2Release parameters. So I open the current Cutoff1 and copy it over from the wrongly mapped VCF1 Res, but upon switching to the other parameter Live loses the parameter info and displays the new parameter in the selection bar, although the automation info was committed before.

I'm not sure whose fault this is, but currently I can't remap the parameter automation to the new parameter. Anyone else getting this?

Has anyone checked this problem? It seems to me that ACE is sending different parameter names.
I've done this remapping before with other synths, but with current ACE there seems to be something strange?!

dermage wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 am Has anyone checked this problem? It seems to me that ACE is sending different parameter names.
I've done this remapping before with other synths, but with current ACE there seems to be something strange?!
Please read the "important info for ACE Windows users" part in the first post of the previous latest build, rev. 8791 thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=527551

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:49 am
dermage wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 am Has anyone checked this problem? It seems to me that ACE is sending different parameter names.
Please read the "important info for ACE Windows users" part in the first post of the previous latest build, rev. 8791 thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=527551
Yes, but in my previous post here I tried that and it didn't work. Just wanted to check if no one else is having these problems:
dermage wrote:I have a weird issue in current Live version 10.1.3 where I load a project saved with the old version of ACE into the new version to remap Cutoff & Env2Release parameters. So I open the current Cutoff1 and copy it over from the wrongly mapped VCF1 Res, but upon switching to the other parameter Live loses the parameter info and displays the new parameter in the selection bar, although the automation info was committed before.

I'm not sure whose fault this is, but currently I can't remap the parameter automation to the new parameter. Anyone else getting this?
Edit: Nevermind and sorry, I tried it again in an empty project and it worked there. I have to find the broken project again, and if it's still happening there I will report back. Maybe it was also a Live problem since I now have 10.1.5 running.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:55 pm

Somehow a lonely parameter (LFO 2 DepthMod Src1) magically made it onto the list of Bazille's automation parameters between rev. 8791 and 9033.
And for whatever reason it didn't attach itself to the end of the list, but squeezed itself in there next to the DepthMod Dpth parameter.
As a result, projects made with earlier versions, which are reloaded with rev. 9033 will have quite a few parameters shifted by one position in the automation list.
So please don't use Bazille 9033 for any projects where you are using host automation.
We need to remove this parameter from the list. If you'd save projects with rev. 9033 and use host automation, then the automation might be messed up with future versions of Bazille.
Why remove the parameter from the automation list instead of moving it to the end? We want all the parameters automatable right?

dermage wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:30 pm Edit: Nevermind and sorry, I tried it again in an empty project and it worked there. I have to find the broken project again, and if it's still happening there I will report back. Maybe it was also a Live problem since I now have 10.1.5 running.
Sounds very much like a Live issue, we had plenty of those since the release of Live 10. :wink:

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:52 pm Why remove the parameter from the automation list instead of moving it to the end? We want all the parameters automatable right?
Misguiding wording on my side. The parameter needs to be removed from its wrong spot, and placed at the end of the list.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:20 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:52 pm Why remove the parameter from the automation list instead of moving it to the end? We want all the parameters automatable right?
Misguiding wording on my side. The parameter needs to be removed from its wrong spot, and placed at the end of the list.
Gotcha, I maybe should have assumed that. Just checking. :tu:

Return to “u-he”