Latest Builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 9033)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:52 pm After the update Hive 2 wavetable animations became stuttering. I installed previous build and animations are normal again.
Try the eco setting. That uses the frame rate of the original Hive 2.0

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:52 pm After the update Hive 2 wavetable animations became stuttering. I installed previous build and animations are normal again.
Afair, in the previous build (if by previous build you mean the previous latest build) we had reduced the frame rate to save some CPU. But since the new rate was too slow for some users, we changed it back to how it was before.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:35 am
Afair, in the previous build (if by previous build you mean the previous latest build) we had reduced the frame rate to save some CPU. But since the new rate was too slow for some users, we changed it back to how it was before.
Yes, we changed *mousing* back to "instant redraws" (unlimited framerate) to meet the complaints of people who found the knob/fader movements not smooth enough. This is how all our software prior to Hive 2.0 has worked.

At the same time we increased scope/wavetable updates in the previous latest builds ("GUI sluggishness"), and the eco setting reverts that.

So now we have fixed "GUI sluggishness" as well as "not so smooth knob/fader movement". However, some people might benefit from the eco setting of the scope/wavetable graphs.

Urs wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:04 am
tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:35 am
Yes, we changed *mousing* back to "instant redraws" (unlimited framerate) to meet the complaints of people who found the knob/fader movements not smooth enough. This is how all our software prior to Hive 2.0 has worked.

At the same time we increased scope/wavetable updates in the previous latest builds ("GUI sluggishness"), and the eco setting reverts that.

So now we have fixed "GUI sluggishness" as well as "not so smooth knob/fader movement". However, some people might benefit from the eco setting of the scope/wavetable graphs.
Hmm this is odd, i thought in previous build (bfore this) and gui slugishness and smothness was totaly fine. Im using FL Studio btw

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:10 pm Hmm this is odd, i thought in previous build (bfore this) and gui slugishness and smothness was totaly fine. Im using FL Studio btw
In the previous build (rev. 8791) we fixed slow and/or jaggy scope updates.

In this build we fixed

* Slower update rate of controls on Windows in rev. 8791

(which I think also relates to Mac builds, but I think complaints were for Win mostly, IIRC)

Urs wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:04 am Yes, we changed *mousing* back to "instant redraws" (unlimited framerate) to meet the complaints of people who found the knob/fader movements not smooth enough. This is how all our software prior to Hive 2.0 has worked.
Thank you ♥

So what are the modulators in the patch bay corresponding to the A and B assigned CC's in settings?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:52 pm So what are the modulators in the patch bay corresponding to the A and B assigned CC's in settings?
Not sure if I understand the question correctly.
Do you want to know which CCs are assigned to Control A and B?

Then the answer is: Any CC you want.
In the preferences section of the plugin you can determine which CCs should be used when loading a new instance of the plugin.
By default this is CC2 (Breath) and CC11 (Expression).

And on the right side of the MIDI table page you can set individual CCs for each instance of the plugin you have loaded in your project.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:38 pm * Winstaller improvements
* Full UTF-8 support for installation paths
* Drag & Drop support for preset organization
* Import/Export for favourites
I really need this. Will it come to Zebra?
This isn't what you think.

Can I ask a question. I'm not really concerned about all the other branch options in the patch
browser. Is there a way to delete them or hide please. Appreciate this isn't necessarily this release. Tha ks.

skank wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:21 pm I really need this. Will it come to Zebra?
Yes, but can't say when.

MFXxx wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:56 pm Can I ask a question. I'm not really concerned about all the other branch options in the patch
browser. Is there a way to delete them or hide please.
What exactly do you mean with "all the other branch options"?
You mean you only want to see the "local" and "user" folders, and don't want to see all the smart folders?
In this case you could right-click and set the "on open expand to" setting to none.
This way all folders would be closed by default. But this means you would have to expand the local and user folders manually each time, since that setting affects all folders.

The combination of fluid knobs and scopes makes the plug-ins feel like new, great work!

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:18 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:52 pm So what are the modulators in the patch bay corresponding to the A and B assigned CC's in settings?
Not sure if I understand the question correctly.
Do you want to know which CCs are assigned to Control A and B?

Then the answer is: Any CC you want.
In the preferences section of the plugin you can determine which CCs should be used when loading a new instance of the plugin.
By default this is CC2 (Breath) and CC11 (Expression).

And on the right side of the MIDI table page you can set individual CCs for each instance of the plugin you have loaded in your project.
Sorry I realized immediately that it was Breath and Expression I was looking for. I was expecting an A/B label or something since they are customizable but on the GUI it actually says Breath and Expression in the modulation patch bay (bottom left corner) even when those are not what's assigned.

How is everything running on Catalina? U-he are one of the few companies that haven't sent me an email telling users not to update.

Return to “u-he”