Latest Builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 9033)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:22 am
Rivanni wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:19 am Tested with VST2 of ACE in Bitwig 3 on Windows 10 (1903. The VST3 of ACE does not crash. I did not test other Plugins yet.
Super, thx a lot for the quick reply. :tu:
I'll test it with Bitwig, got the same Windows version installed over here.
A quick check learned that the problem does not occur in Ableton Live 10.1 and Reaper 5.9.8.3.
In Bitwig 3.0.2 it happens with all 4 new rev. 9033 plugins; tested on 2 computers.
VST2 (64bit) only. VST3 works fine.
Last edited by Rivanni on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:21 am 64- or 32-bit?
64-bit.

Thanks for another update! Still waiting Zebra 3 =))

No issues so far with these new releases. Is a RePro update with Ctrl-A/B anywhere in the short to medium-term update roadmap? In some ways, RePro-5 is the most recent "brand-new" synth, and at the same time, it's beginning to fall a bit behind in terms of MPE (via Ctrl A/B) after having been first to the new browser.

I should add that the Windows installer still points the VST2 Plugin Directory to the most recently installed plugin. So my VST2 U-he folders look like this:

D:\VST Plugins\U-He\[PluginName]

...I only do the additional subfolder because the .data folders like to live in their own space and I found this method worked for segregating folders.

When I install the Hive update after installing Diva, the default VST2 location is: D:\VST Plugins\U-He\Diva. Then when I install the ACE update after that, the default VST2 location is: D:\VST Plugins\U-He\Hive. It sticks to the last location.

I'm not saying it's a big issue, in fact, maybe it's time to just install everything to D:\VST Plugins\U-he\ and leave it at that, but in a perfect world, the VST2 location would remember the install path on a per-product basis.

Just curious why Repro was left out of the party. ?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:45 am Just curious why Repro was left out of the party. ?
A strange bug in Repro-5 that's not in the official builds, but randomly creates sound changes in current internal builds. There's a lot of tedious testing involved but as long as it's contained to our internal builds of Repro-5, we need to move on with the other plug-ins. ACE and Bazille take precedence due to necessary browser changes, as do Diva/ACE/Bazille due to better MPE compatibility. Hive is thrown in there to check improvements with UI drawing which doesn't affect Repro etc. as much.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:22 am maybe it's time to just install everything to D:\VST Plugins\U-he\ and leave it at that, but in a perfect world, the VST2 location would remember the install path on a per-product basis.
That's what I do. All .DLL files are placed in this directory and also every (shortcut to the) data directory for each plugin. So
ACE.data.lnk
Bazille.data.lnk
ColourCopy.data.lnk
Diva.data.lnk
ACE(x64).dll
Bazille(x64).dll
ColourCopy(x64).dll
Diva(x64).dll

If I put every plugin in its own sub directory, I have to do more browsing in the DAW. I generally group everything by vendor. The same way VST3 does this automatically.

Rivanni wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:27 am A quick check learned that the problem does not occur in Ableton Live 10.1 and Reaper 5.9.8.3.
And we just figured out that this emoji crash is indeed a problem in Bitwig, and not in our plugin.
The same crash happens with plugins from other developers too.
And it only ever crashes Bitwig, with the VST2 version, no other tested host has this problem.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:23 am
Rivanni wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:27 am A quick check learned that the problem does not occur in Ableton Live 10.1 and Reaper 5.9.8.3.
And we just figured out that this emoji crash is indeed a problem in Bitwig, and not in our plugin.
The same crash happens with plugins from other developers too.
And it only ever crashes Bitwig, with the VST2 version, no other tested host has this problem.
Good to hear. Did you already inform Bitwig about this problem?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:22 am I should add that the Windows installer still points the VST2 Plugin Directory to the most recently installed plugin.

I'm not saying it's a big issue, in fact, maybe it's time to just install everything to D:\VST Plugins\U-he\ and leave it at that, but in a perfect world, the VST2 location would remember the install path on a per-product basis.
Hmm, weird. That's exactly what we fixed with those installer improvements.
Each plugin should now always suggest its own location, and not the one from the plugin which was installed before.
It worked great during our tests.
Either it broke again after it was last tested, or there is a loophole which we didn't find yet.

Which operating system exactly are you on (Win10, Win7, ...), and 32 or 64bit?
And which path exactly is wrong in the installer, is it the suggested path to the VST2 plugin, or the path where the Plugin.data folder is being installed to?

Rivanni wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:30 am Good to hear. Did you already inform Bitwig about this problem?
Yep. :)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:22 am I should add that the Windows installer still points the VST2 Plugin Directory to the most recently installed plugin.
Ah, checked it, and it's indeed not working as we intended.
During installation, each plugin now saves a registry entry with the location of the different installation paths.
But the installer is not using this information yet, at least not for the VST2 paths. :dog:
Will file a ticket, so we can adjust this.

But note that you would have to run the installer of each plugin once before this can work properly (once we fixed the flaw).
It's a chicken and egg issue. You first have to run the installer to create the registry entry, before the installer can use the new registry entry. :wink:

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:09 am
Ah, checked it, and it's indeed not working as we intended.
During installation, each plugin now saves a registry entry with the location of the different installation paths.
But the installer is not using this information yet, at least not for the VST2 paths. :dog:
Will file a ticket, so we can adjust this.

But note that you would have to run the installer of each plugin once before this can work properly (once we fixed the flaw).
It's a chicken and egg issue. You first have to run the installer to create the registry entry, before the installer can use the new registry entry. :wink:
Makes sense that it'll work on a going forward basis. :tu:

After the update Hive 2 wavetable animations became stuttering. I installed previous build and animations are normal again.

Return to “u-he”