Diva micro-freeze on GUI open normal?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've noticed this in: Live, Bitwig and FL Studio, maybe also happens in other DAWs but I've not tested. When I open an existing Diva instance that was previously not visible, the UI takes a fraction of a second to load. For example, in Live, the window will show a white background first, then eventually Diva's GUI. In addition to that, in Bitwig Diva stops producing sound completely until the GUI loads (though this might be a problem with Bitwig). Is this normal?

I think we recently fixed something... have you tried Diva from the latest builds?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=527551

Urs wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:06 pm I think we recently fixed something... have you tried Diva from the latest builds?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=527551
I haven't, I tend to do update marathons for all my plugins once every few months. I will check the latest build, thanks!

Thanks Urs, that seems to have fixed the audio stopping in Bitwig problem. The GUI is still sluggish each time the plugin opens (tested on Live, Bitwig and FL).

That's probably because UI is deconstructed when you close the plugin (to save RAM) then reconstructed on open. Some hosts handle this better than others apparently.

I wouldn't call "a fraction of a second" sluggish. :)
The time it takes to open the GUI depends on the operating system, the plugin format, and the host you are using.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

The sound dropping out in Bitwig was a problem but now it's fixed. If you guys confirm the sluggish loading is normal, then I'm ok with it. I was only asking because I only remember noticing this with U-he plugins.

Scoox wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:05 am The sound dropping out in Bitwig was a problem but now it's fixed. If you guys confirm the sluggish loading is normal, then I'm ok with it. I was only asking because I only remember noticing this with U-he plugins.
In think the white background happens for a split second because we're trying to not block other tasks.

In my view, our plug-ins open very fast, mostly because we're loading a lot of stuff in the background. I've seen UIs of other plug-ins that need several seconds to open even though they have a much simpler interface.

Urs wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 am
Scoox wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:05 am The sound dropping out in Bitwig was a problem but now it's fixed. If you guys confirm the sluggish loading is normal, then I'm ok with it. I was only asking because I only remember noticing this with U-he plugins.
In think the white background happens for a split second because we're trying to not block other tasks.

In my view, our plug-ins open very fast, mostly because we're loading a lot of stuff in the background. I've seen UIs of other plug-ins that need several seconds to open even though they have a much simpler interface.
Well noted, thanks :)

Could the white background be turned into black or a base color of the skin to make the transition more smooth, or is that white color out of the plug-in's control?

omiroad wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:00 pm Could the white background be turned into black or a base color of the skin to make the transition more smooth, or is that white color out of the plug-in's control?
Interesting idea, the white background is definitely distracting if the rest of your DAW is dark-themed.

omiroad wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:00 pm Could the white background be turned into black or a base color of the skin to make the transition more smooth, or is that white color out of the plug-in's control?
I don't really know. I'll keep it in mind to check when get to I touch UI code again.

Return to “u-he”