Channel Pressure in an MPE controller with Repro-5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I would like to know if Repro-5 supports global Channel Pressure (Aftertouch) messages in the Master Channel (MIDI channel 1) with an MPE Controller, while the notes are playing in the other channels?

I'm updating my app AudioSwift to make a trackpad an MPE controller. I've assigned the Force Touch of a Magic Trackpad 2 to send Channel Pressure on channel 1, and assigned Aftertouch to a parameter in Repro-5, but it seems that Repro-5 ignores these messages and the notes won't change. I tried using Logic Pro synth plugins and they all accept global Channel Pressure. Is there something I'm missing?

Here is just a sample using the preset JH Midrange Synthstab.
https://youtu.be/6BAmT4ROC40
Nigel Rios
Developer of AudioSwift - Use your trackpad as a MIDI controller
https://audioswiftapp.com

I never warmed with the concept of a master channel. Our current concept does not distinguish between MPE and normal use, which keeps a lot of things simple and works with most MPE controllers anyway.

However, we do have a plan for a dedicated MPE mode which also features a master channel. But I can't yet say when we'll be ready to implement it. With some luck we'll manage for the next maintenance update, but it's more likely to come in feature updates.

Thank you for answering. I will be looking for the coming updates.
Last edited by Nigel Rios on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel Rios
Developer of AudioSwift - Use your trackpad as a MIDI controller
https://audioswiftapp.com

Urs wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:38 am I never warmed with the concept of a master channel. Our current concept does not distinguish between MPE and normal use, which keeps a lot of things simple and works with most MPE controllers anyway.

However, we do have a plan for a dedicated MPE mode which also features a master channel. But I can't yet say when we'll be ready to implement it. With some luck we'll manage for the next maintenance update, but it's more likely to come in feature updates.
Very Cool..... :party:
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

Isn't a master channel necessary so that you can do things like pitch bend individual notes?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

No, pitch bending individual notes is done per-channel in MPE. It's the very reason why multiple channels are even used.

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:21 am Isn't a master channel necessary so that you can do things like pitch bend individual notes?
The master channel is for when you want to send some data to all channels, not per note.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:51 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:21 am Isn't a master channel necessary so that you can do things like pitch bend individual notes?
The master channel is for when you want to send some data to all channels, not per note.
OIC. Well, count me in for MPE implementation being an important thing for any synth. Having it in RePro 5 would be awesome.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “u-he”