Sylenth to Hive Patch Converter

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since they are similar, is it possible to transform my sylenth banks to hive and get close results?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

What's the point? They sound and behave pretty differently anyway.

Guess there is none really. I have some really nice sounds in sylenth that I wouldn't mind carrying over to hive since it has more options. It'll save some effort recreating them, but now that I think about it, it's a dozen tops, so a few hours of work...
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Most patches are fairly easy to convert in the "Normal" engine (admittedly, I don't like the engine names much anymore... must make note to choose better ones at some point). Envelope times and shapes are roughly the same, you mostly have to figure out how to distribute the 4 oscs from Sylenth on to the 2 osc + 2 subs from Hive, and whether or not to use [ same ] as sub osc waveform or not. If a Sylenth patch uses 2 oscillators for PWM, you can save some work and CPU by using just one Hive oscillator for that.

The main "not possible" Sylenth setting for Hive is 4 oscillators with different panorama settings. There you'd have to find a compromise. Everything else can usually be matched quite easily. And of course, reverbs and stuff have a bit of a different character.

I couldn't find a way to inverse the waveform in Hive - but judging from the Sylenth1 factory patches it's mostly used with the saws for PWM. Could inverting the waveform be useful for creative sound design purposes?
Osc phase is in the Matrix in Hive.

One thing I notice is the filters in Sylenth have a 12/24 dB switch, and a drive knob.
It'd be nice having more control over the filters in a similar way in Hive. I do find myself wanting a steeper curve for high pass for instance, but I can use the builtin EQ as an extra filter to compensate. And the tone in the distort to act bit like the drive.
Hive of course has the 3 synth engines which affects the sound of the filters, but also affect other settings at the same time (maybe a way to switch the filter engine separately?!).

I almost think I remember Urs saying something about custom filters in Hive :D (maybe it was a dream).

Ranoka wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:23 pm I couldn't find a way to inverse the waveform in Hive -
There is a Tips and Tricks section in the manual. Page 63, in the lower section describing Pulse Width Modulation, explains how to invert the saw. Hope that helps!

Ranoka wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:23 pm I couldn't find a way to inverse the waveform in Hive
To invert a wave, modulate the oscillator volume below zero using Constant.

Thanks, I should've known there was a matrix trick :D

That's actually a "happy bug" which we left in there, just because...

How about a Hive to sylenth bank converter?

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:40 pm How about a Hive to sylenth bank converter?
That's gonna be difficult by now. It'll only work for the most rudimentary Hive sounds.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:59 pm
Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:40 pm How about a Hive to sylenth bank converter?

So much of what Hive 2 does now goes waaaay beyond what Sylenth is capable of.
Hive has so surpassed Sylenth at this point.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

S1 may not have evolved much, but it's still great for what it does!

Return to “u-he”