Latest builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 8791) - addresses sluggish GUI

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:12 pm
elxsound wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:36 pm It looks like I did have custom presets from years ago, plus the old patch competition presets. I must have added the u-he presets from my old system without previously installing Bazille.
Glad that you finally found the cause.
Yeah, sorry about that... I haven’t had Bazille for several years, and not on the recent system. I didn’t realize I have all the old presets copied over. :oops:

Still, it seem like a strange issue to suss out on a new install.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:15 pm
Yorrrrrr wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:34 am Why not a latest build for RePro?
Because there are some issues in current builds of Repro which we need to solve first.
Looking forward to CtrlA/B in RePro so hoping that's included whenever the next round of builds come (no rush)! I'd also love to see the Mod Matrix curves from Hive included too if that's a possibility.

Bazille_11_LB_8791_Win crashed directly on (start up) show up in Bitwig 2.5.1 !
how to de install i try to overwrite it with the old version (i erased also DLL + all folders manually ) + i backuped always all folders from any VST i got (on extern harddrive) !
in this case i put all the old folders of bazille version before 11_LB_8791_Win include the old DLL Folder + Data folder but it always show up 11_LB_8791 and then crash !
the last idea would be the registry :tu:
there must be a kind of uinstall exe :?: )
cant found any . :help:
Last edited by hihat on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

elxsound wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:21 pm Still, it seem like a strange issue to suss out on a new install.
Not so strange at all.
The latest build of Bazille is the first build that includes the new browser.
And it simply didn't "know" what to do when it encountered the very unusual "// author stripped" line instead of the normal author line it expected.
Quite an edge case, though. Even I didn't know that we had added this line to the old Bazille competition presets, so it was never tested what the new browser's preset scan would do in such a case. But now we know. :wink:
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:16 pm Looking forward to CtrlA/B in RePro so hoping that's included whenever the next round of builds come (no rush)! I'd also love to see the Mod Matrix curves from Hive included too if that's a possibility.
Yep, Ctrl A/B will of course be added to the next Repro update.
But cannot say if the Mod Matrix enhancements will make it there, simply because I don't know.

hihat wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:09 am Bazille_11_LB_8791_Win crashed directly on (start up) show up in Bitwig 2.5.1 !
there must be a kind of uinstall exe :?: )
cant found any . :help:
There is no uninstaller, but there are instructions how to remove all files from your computer in this support article: uninstalling u-he plugins

Your crash can have one of two reasons:
Either you also have the old Bazille competition presets (or the Bombazille sound pack) installed. In this case, simply remove those presets, and Bazille will run.
Or you might have installed the new version into a different directory than the old version, or you did not update all the plugin formats (VST2, VST3) you had previously installed.
There is a message about this in the first post of this topic.

If you can't get it sorted, you can always send a mail to our support, so we can help you fix the installation.

thanks :tu: ! its working after do the "instructions how to remove all files from your computer "
but i am back to v.3898 and i wait in future for the latest alpha versions wich are shown on Uhe Homepage

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:15 am
elxsound wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:21 pm Still, it seem like a strange issue to suss out on a new install.
Not so strange at all.
The latest build of Bazille is the first build that includes the new browser.
And it simply didn't "know" what to do when it encountered the very unusual "// author stripped" line instead of the normal author line it expected.
Quite an edge case, though. Even I didn't know that we had added this line to the old Bazille competition presets, so it was never tested what the new browser's preset scan would do in such a case. But now we know. :wink:
Ah... Nothing like a surprise to keep you going!

Thank you, Tas!

Disappointed to see some u-he plugins behave sluggish or slow on my Mac until I select the sRGB 2.1 color profile (though, I don't like it, too saturated for my taste). Is this issue going to be fixed by u-he some time soon, or is this Apple's fault?

Yorrrrrr wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:20 am Disappointed to see some u-he plugins behave sluggish or slow on my Mac until I select the sRGB 2.1 color profile (though, I don't like it, too saturated for my taste). Is this issue going to be fixed by u-he some time soon, or is this Apple's fault?
Any software with high resolution images will suffer notably. We could downsize the graphics but that would mean blurry looks on scaled up user interfaces. The performance hit is there, not just with our stuff.

I'm hopeful that Apple will address this as it happens on some of their current models, with the current OS in combination with fairly common displays (even their own).

I understand that there are some issues with VST3 and MIDI learn, but do the VST3 versions of u-he plugs do sample-accurate automation?

(This build of ACE, by the way, is running perfectly on my box -- Mojave 10.14.5 -- after a clean reinstall)

sramsay wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:11 pm I understand that there are some issues with VST3 and MIDI learn, but do the VST3 versions of u-he plugs do sample-accurate automation?

(This build of ACE, by the way, is running perfectly on my box -- Mojave 10.14.5 -- after a clean reinstall)
VST3 MIDI Learn should work perfectly now. We do now "what the others have always done".

In my view, sample accurate automation is a myth. Of course it's possible, but it isn't a good feature. We smooth out any automation to avoid zipper noise. So that, when you turn a knob or draw an automation curve, the result isn't announced with a screechy noise. Therefore, there's no "sudden" automation which manifests at a specific sample.

If you need sample accurate changes, pretty much all of our plug-ins support for MIDI CCs (Modwheel, MIDI 1/2 in current releases, Breath/Expression in old ones). That stuff is processed almost sample accurate (smoothed out over a fraction of a millisecond), and you can decide whether or not to smooth it a bit or a bit more in the preferences panel.

Cheers,

- U

Isn't the point of sample accurate automation allowing specifying exactly what happens within an audio buffer - which for larger buffer sizes can definitely be important (and internal plugin smoothing might not be sufficient). Correct me if I'm wrong?

MIDI CCs are ok-ish, but their resolution is far from host automation resolution...

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:07 pm Isn't the point of sample accurate automation allowing specifying exactly what happens within an audio buffer - which for larger buffer sizes can definitely be important (and your internal plugin smoothing might not be sufficient). Correct me if I'm wrong?
Well, if your host were to send tens of thousands of automation points per second, it sure wouldn't be a myth. CPUs would fry though, as the plug-ins would be very busy updating their states for every single samples. Block processing would become impossible.

Furthermore, if automation is not smoothed out over, say, 1000 samples, you'll see disappointed users posting about horrible zipper noise in every forum known to mankind.

Sample accurate processing, if it existed, would be considered a bug.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:07 pmMIDI CCs are ok-ish, but their resolution is far from host automation resolution...
We support 14-bit ;-)

Return to “u-he”