Latest builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 8791) - addresses sluggish GUI

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I checked the other thread and noticed that a specific color profile was recommended: sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Setting to this profile improved the sluggishness significantly for me. :tu:

There are duplicates of this profile and Adobe RGB (1998). Not sure if that's relevant or incidental.

omiroad wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:24 am
Dim Vision wrote: The knobs are very jumpy when playing a sound and especially so with the scope visible. When I resize the GUI to 150% it worsens.
It's the same for me on Windows, the knobs used to be about 60 fps, but on this update they skip frames (but the scope is perfectly smooth). I liked how smooth the knobs used to be...
How are the knobs when you don't use the scope, and does setting the Scope to "eco" change things?

tasmaniandevil wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:46 am
elxsound wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:39 pm I know its an off day, but I can send a crash report to u-he support if its still needed.
Of course you can already send a crash report to support.
Ableton is either still trying to load the old version of Bazille, or more likely you also have some third party presets installed which are causing the preset database to crash during scanning (like the Bombazille presets).
You can find out by removing all third party and user presets, then see if Bazille loads.
If it does, you can put the presets back in, bit by bit, doing a preset refresh each time, to find out which preset library is causing it.
If it's not a faulty preset, then it's simply an installation issue, and we can figure it out tomorrow.
It couldn't be a 3rd party preset or user preset as I have none installed and I was using Logic X to open Bazille (which I had never done before on this computer).

After deleting every instance of Bazille (again) it now works. I'll look for crash reports to send too.

EDIT: The different is that I deleted the preset folder too.

AGAIN, no user presets and no 3rd party presets on my system.

The crashlogs show it crashed on the preset scan, which I have sent in to u-he support.
Last edited by elxsound on Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elxsound, at least on Windows, you have to be really careful about where you install U-he updates. If you don't pick the exact same folder locations for the update as you did the prior builds, you'll get crashes on launch. This is because the plugin can't find the resources. I know nothing about how the Mac installer works, but if this is sounding like a possibility to you, then it's very likely the cause of your crashes. The solution is: delete every instance of the plugin and resource folders you can find (being careful not to delete presets), and reinstall.

For exactly that reason, I kind of wish User and Third-Party Presets were stored outside of the data folder. I almost deleted all my Bazille presets when this last happened.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 pm elxsound, at least on Windows, you have to be really careful about where you install U-he updates. If you don't pick the exact same folder locations for the update as you did the prior builds, you'll get crashes on launch. This is because the plugin can't find the resources. I know nothing about how the Mac installer works, but if this is sounding like a possibility to you, then it's very likely the cause of your crashes. The solution is: delete every instance of the plugin and resource folders you can find (being careful not to delete presets), and reinstall.

For exactly that reason, I kind of wish User and Third-Party Presets were stored outside of the data folder. I almost deleted all my Bazille presets when this last happened.
Thanks Funybot's Evil Twin, but its not an issue of location on Mac. It is indeed a preset issue, but as mentioned in the *just edited* above post, I don't have user presets or 3rd party presets installed on this machine.

On Mac, it requires an extra step or two to get to the factory presets to add 3rd party stuff, and its easier to just install in the user folder (which I don't like because then its not as immediately accessible from the preset browser), but only this instance it can be a pain (and equally a pain migrating to a new system).

I actually have all presets backed up in the cloud (and physical back-ups too), but it does require being careful with something like this. It really is an easy way to lose your presets.

Ok, just saw the edit... Weird that it would crash on scan with the factory bank for you. You'd think everyone, or at least all Mac users, would be affected.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:13 pm Ok, just saw the edit... Weird that it would crash on scan with the factory bank for you. You'd think everyone, or at least all Mac users, would be affected.
It looks like I did have custom presets from years ago, plus the old patch competition presets. I must have added the u-he presets from my old system without previously installing Bazille.

Well, at least its not a new problem!

elxsound wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:36 pm It looks like I did have custom presets from years ago, plus the old patch competition presets. I must have added the u-he presets from my old system without previously installing Bazille.
Glad that you finally found the cause.

mustgroove wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 pm This new Bazille build is crashing Live with an "A serious program error has occurred" dialogue box

Ace, Diva, and Hive new builds are all working without issues.
Since the other plugins all run, I suspect it might also be the Bombazille crash issue. Do you maybe have this preset pack installed?
If not, please send a mail to support, so we can find the cause for the crash.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:34 am Why not a latest build for RePro?
Because there are some issues in current builds of Repro which we need to solve first.

anoise wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:24 am In Hive 2 and Ace (on some UI sizes), the preset browser background looks slightly transparent.
In Diva, Ace and Bazille (original skin) the oscilloscope has a line at the top of the display.
Yep, we noticed the transparent backgrounds. But the funny thing is, there is no transparency setting involved. Very weird issue, but harmless. :)
Same for the line in the oscilloscopes, we noticed, but did not have enough time to fix it for the latest builds.

illwillis wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:51 am This build of Diva actually creates GUI sluggishness on my 2017 MBP, latest Mojave. Went back to previous build and all is well.
Have you tried switching to the colour profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1?

omiroad wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:07 pm The scopes are now refreshed very smoothly, but turning the knobs is more stuttery and that's not how I remember it in previous versions... Could you please look into this, tasmaniandevil?
Yes, of course, we are looking into this.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:14 pm
mustgroove wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 pm This new Bazille build is crashing Live with an "A serious program error has occurred" dialogue box

Ace, Diva, and Hive new builds are all working without issues.
Since the other plugins all run, I suspect it might also be the Bombazille crash issue. Do you maybe have this preset pack installed?
If not, please send a mail to support, so we can find the cause for the crash.
I don't have those presets on my system, I do have some user presets though (including ones that date back to the preset competitions that happened around the beta, I think) so maybe there's others presets with that same issue.

Will email support.

mustgroove wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:04 pm I do have some user presets though (including ones that date back to the preset competitions that happened around the beta, I think) so maybe there's others presets with that same issue.
Yep, that might explain it.

Return to “u-he”