Latest builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 8791) - addresses sluggish GUI

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually it works if I remove the nested folders in the Bazille user preset folder.

Howard wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 amAha! Yes, the MapGen function "Spectralize" is included in this version...

...snip...

What does this do exactly?

I was looking at it backwards. It does exactly what it says it does: makes a waveform off of spectral maps, which is crazy freakin' useful!

Here's something that may (hopefully) or may not be a bug. On the Linux version of Bazille, the Mapping Generator windows can no longer be moved; It's either open or not.

fdco wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 pm I cannot use symlinks anymore - Reaper and Logic crash instantly -
Please send a mail to our support, so we can figure out the exact issue, or help you solve the problem.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

skottish wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:26 pm Here's something that may (hopefully) or may not be a bug. On the Linux version of Bazille, the Mapping Generator windows can no longer be moved; It's either open or not.
This was done on purpose to prevent some issues in connection with the MIDI learn pages.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

ok...the GUI "issues" are completely fixed for me!!! (win10 x64, vst2)
Amazing! Especially glad with Hive2!

I have the weirdest of issues with this Bazille build (Win10x64, Reaper 5.979):
The presence of the "Penizille" preset from the free Bombazille pack causes Bazille (and Reaper) to crash when starting up or explicitly scanning for new presets.
Once I narrowed it down and moved the preset elsewhere (i.e. outside the preset folders to be scanned), Bazille works just fine.

The authorization dialogs have always drove me nuts. I forgot how much until I did back to back installs on my PC and MBP.

The tab key does not work at all in windows. In OSX it moves between name and code.
No way to select the OK button unless you click on it.

This happens on all authorizations.

Why not a latest build for RePro?
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

This build of Diva actually creates GUI sluggishness on my 2017 MBP, latest Mojave. Went back to previous build and all is well.

Edit: same problem with the latest Hive. Very sluggish on my machine. I can contact support if you need more info.

Danke U-he! Hive 2 UI is now not lagging!

nevis wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:10 pm I have the weirdest of issues with this Bazille build (Win10x64, Reaper 5.979):
The presence of the "Penizille" preset from the free Bombazille pack causes Bazille (and Reaper) to crash when starting up or explicitly scanning for new presets.
Once I narrowed it down and moved the preset elsewhere (i.e. outside the preset folders to be scanned), Bazille works just fine.
Same here.
Bazille chrashed always scanning my presets.
So I removed every folder and put them back, one after the other, searching for the ones chrashing Bazille. And it was also the "SambySound - Bombazille" Folder.
Specifically 4 presets: "Toy Wars" in the FX-s Folder. "Penizille" in the keys folder and "Multi guitar" and "Plucked Leaves" in the Plucked folder. (Win10, Cubase 10)

The GUI's are running smooth here (Win64, vst2). :D
Some minor glitches:
In Hive 2 and Ace (on some UI sizes), the preset browser background looks slightly transparent.
In Diva, Ace and Bazille (original skin) the oscilloscope has a line at the top of the display.

Works like a charm here.
Diva scope is now super smooth.
(Win 10, vst2 x64)
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Just did a quick test on Hive. The sluggish GUI on Windows seems gone!

Awesome work. Thank you! :love:

The scopes are now refreshed very smoothly, but turning the knobs is more stuttery and that's not how I remember it in previous versions... Could you please look into this, tasmaniandevil?

(Windows 10 / Cubase 10 / Bazille VST 3 / Diva VST 3)

Return to “u-he”