Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

We'll add more edit options. Probably also buttons to have various functions available without menus or modifier keys.

Minor issue. Some visual glitches at certain zoom levels (for example 170%).
Orange modulation circles are not always full circles and sometimes circles have left overs.
hive glitches.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hexfix93 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:54 am I'm using it in renoise, and some patches make the system performance bog and lag, its on my i5 intel graphics laptop tho, have not tried it on the studio machine because i am on tour. but if i close the window, it fixes it. hmmm.

hex
I also experience similar issues in Renoise with a similar(ish) computer but i have no problem in Live 9 or good ole Orion. I tried FL studio too but no GUI performance issues despite the fact that FL studio have serious audio performance issues on my comp so i can't use it normally.

PS: Thanks for the greatest update ever!

If you can still bear it, I have a few extra feature requests:
(Yeah, feature requests are annoying when you've gone through all that work getting your product out there, and then the first thing they do is ask for more,I know. But see it as a sign of us being very enthousiastic about your product (which it is)).

So here goes:

* A way to lock an entire module instead of one controller/parameter: aspecially handy for locking the entire arp/seq module for example but I'd love to be also able to lock the entire shape sequencer or mod matrix).

* Save and recall capabilities (module presets; copy/paste) in the new modulation sections (function generators and shape sequencer) like you have in the other modules.

* A way to see the final resultant modulator signal in the scope after it has gone through the mod matrix slot modifiers (curve, rectify etc)

* In the hexagon wavetable view, I'd love to see a small 3-d view of the wavetable, next to the 2d view (like Phaseplant does for example). The advantage of that 3d view is that you can see the content of the wavetable in one instant. With just a 2D view you have to scan through the whole wavetable every time to see the content. When browsing for a wavetable, this makes for a lengthy process imo as you have to scan through them everytime to see what's in there.

Thx!

I'm not sure about those 3D-views for wavetables, but the other requests are already on our ever growing todo list :)

Since you insist :D : a squelchy Acid filter. :tu:

Urs wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am I'm not sure about those 3D-views for wavetables, but the other requests are already on our ever growing todo list :)
3D views of wavetables are actually quite handy

exmatproton wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:06 pm
Urs wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am I'm not sure about those 3D-views for wavetables, but the other requests are already on our ever growing todo list :)
Hmm kind of gimmicky if you ask me and a waste of CPU cycles.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:05 pm
My complete request was to have a smal 3d view next to the 2d view. I concur that a main view as 3d view is somewhat gimmicky but an auxiliary 3d view gives an overview of the whole wavetable which a 2d view does not.

As, in order to know what's inside the wavetable you have to scan through it in 2d view.
If you are familiar with the wavetable or made it yourself you know the content but I'm not familiar yet with the ones in Hive and besides my collection of wavetables is getting pretty big.

Do you see another way to get an easy overview of the content of wavetables?

Elektronisch wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:24 am OK i will be honest, working on a project with Hive 2 is a bit hard and annoying in FL Studio, because unlike previous Hive 1.2, every time i have to close the plugin otherwise whole FL Studio GUI just stutters/lags. Wavetable and scope are hidden.
I found a fix, in the FL Wrapper settings, under compatibility options, be sure that 'Make bridged' is selected. The Hive 2 redraw is conflicting with FLStudio's redraw. 'Make bridged' will ensure that Hive 2 loads on it's own thread to avoid this issue.

I'm guessing something similar is occuring in Renoise.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Gimmicky? It is quite handy to see the table. So one can actually what content is in there

exmatproton wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 am
Gimmicky? It is quite handy to see the table. So one can actually what content is in there
They look nice but if you want to know what it's the wavetable you can just scan through it and listen. It's not as helpful as having (visual) feedback on something more complex/abstract like a modulation signal for example. You are entitled to think otherwise of course, but to me they are simply eye candy that costs CPU cycles and wasted dev time to implement, hence gimmicky.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:23 pm
exmatproton wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 am
They look nice but if you want to know what it's the wavetable you can just scan through it and listen. It's not as helpful as having (visual) feedback on something more complex/abstract like a modulation signal for example. You are entitled to think otherwise of course, but to me they are simply eye candy that costs CPU cycles and wasted dev time to implement, hence gimmicky.
Fine. Let's agree to disagree then. I like a visual representation of what is happening and what content is in there. And if programmed right, it hardly costs any cpu cycles.

The wavetables can be broken into arbitrary numbers of tables. That adds a whole new layer of complexity when it comes to a 3D representation of the waveforms because once the table count exceeds 1, there are multiple dimensions. If I broke a wavetable into four tables, what does a 3D view of four tables look like? What about seven? How do you show the position? How do you visualize the interpolation? Does any synth do it? If so, how does it look/work?
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Personally I don't know of any other synth that has this multi-dimensional feature in the wavetables.
I think it's asking a bit much to expect this to be reflected in the 3D representation.

The wavetable is what you load from disk and this multidimensional thing could be considered as a "morph" on that wavetable I guess.
My 2 cents.

Return to “u-he”