Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Howard wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:40 am ^please read the user guide :)
I am partly agreed. Still, PDF search finds only single entry of "WT Multi Pos" on the page 53, where synthesis targets are enumerated, without refering to the page 33. So, if I want quickly find what modulation target is this WT Multi Pos, I still should read the whole manual, as search doesn't help.

Ah yes, good point. The lower "Position" knob should have been labelled "Multi Pos", as it also appears in the data display. An oversight.

Is anyone else here still having issues with GUI rendering? I know it was claimed to be fixed in the 2.0.1 update but I am still having severe lag issues with Studio One and FL on my 2019 MBP 13". Granted, I don't have a graphics card in it but I didn't think I needed one to run Hive (it did fine with V1).

dplduffy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:21 pm Is anyone else here still having issues with GUI rendering? I know it was claimed to be fixed in the 2.0.1 update but I am still having severe lag issues with Studio One and FL on my 2019 MBP 13". Granted, I don't have a graphics card in it but I didn't think I needed one to run Hive (it did fine with V1).
what kind of Lag? I run a 2018 MBP 13" and a Mini, which has absolute garbage GPU worse than the 13"... and i don't really know what you're talking about

https://imgur.com/bbxjdRy

here's a gif. This is just the Init patch in a blank studio one session. 44.1k rate, 24bit. Studio One Version 4.6.1. Hive V2.0.1. MacOS 10.15.4. 13" 2018 MBP 2.3ghz i5 8gb memory.

Whenever Hive trys to play a note it freaks out. As you can see, when I pause playing and move the knob it is fine, and S1's gui stops lagging when I go to the Presets page of Hive, so it is something happening with the Hive re-draw I think.

This also happens to me in Reaper and FL. I can make videos if needed.

wow this is terrible. I use AU in Logic. 10.15.2. Works flawlessly. 2.3 i5/16gb on the laptop.

Ploki wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:12 pm wow this is terrible. I use AU in Logic. 10.15.2. Works flawlessly. 2.3 i5/16gb on the laptop.
this is what mine looks like in Logic.

https://imgur.com/a/h6eUmDI

I guess logic does something different with re-drawing their playhead, but the lag in turning the knobs is still there and you can see gui lag in logic on the meters.

I'm sure its something with my system if it isn't happening to anyone else.

dplduffy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:34 pm
Ploki wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:12 pm wow this is terrible. I use AU in Logic. 10.15.2. Works flawlessly. 2.3 i5/16gb on the laptop.
this is what mine looks like in Logic.

https://imgur.com/a/h6eUmDI

I guess logic does something different with re-drawing their playhead, but the lag in turning the knobs is still there and you can see gui lag in logic on the meters.

I'm sure its something with my system if it isn't happening to anyone else.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqjifrj8q8np2 ... 4.mov?dl=0
here's mine. LPX 10.4.8, catalina 10.15.2. (haven't updated to .4 yet)
2018 2.3 i5, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM. haven't noticed anything of the sort on my Mac Mini either.

yeah that looks how I would expect it to work. I actually figured out its the keyboard on the Hive interface causing the problems. With that hidden (i.e. on the mod page) I have 0 issues.

Got an e-mail from support this morning recommending I change my display color profile to "sRGB IEC61966-2.1". This fixed the issue!

dplduffy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:54 am Got an e-mail from support this morning recommending I change my display color profile to "sRGB IEC61966-2.1". This fixed the issue!
This again :?

Hi, hope all of you are Well in body and Spirits ;)

Hmm, an oddity i am experiencing when attempting to asign MW mod source to Filter (output) Volume in H2. It no worky. Works for PB but not MW for slme reason. In fact the orange ring never even shows, but the MW mod source pops up down in the matrix. anyone else verify that? Using rev 8676 Thx!

snigelx wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:29 pm ...the orange ring never even shows, but the MW mod source pops up down in the matrix. anyone else verify that? Using rev 8676 Thx!
Rev 8676, that's the Linux release, right?
Can only test on Windows, but it works well here.
I'm sure you know this, but if filter output volume is already fully turned up, and you grab the little orange dot and drag the mouse upwards (raising the positive modulation value), then you won't get any orange ring as the ring only goes from min to max value of that parameter, and it's already at max. Could that be the case here?

Viktor
u-he team

The unshushable Coktor wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:58 pm
snigelx wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:29 pm ...the orange ring never even shows, but the MW mod source pops up down in the matrix. anyone else verify that? Using rev 8676 Thx!
Rev 8676, that's the Linux release, right?
Can only test on Windows, but it works well here.
I'm sure you know this, but if filter output volume is already fully turned up, and you grab the little orange dot and drag the mouse upwards (raising the positive modulation value), then you won't get any orange ring as the ring only goes from min to max value of that parameter, and it's already at max. Could that be the case here? Viktor
u-he team
Hi Viktor and thx for response :) No, it is rather the 64-bit Vst2 Windows version. I am running it for this session in Reason 10. Also, yes I understand 100% how the modulation system works. But Good suggestion nonetheless! Whatever the cause, it seems to have cleared since opening a new instance. That was very strange indeed. It wasn’t limited to being a graphic glitch either because no matter what i did i could not get the MW assigned in that previous instance... nor could I hear the results of my routing. Never seen anything like that before, but maybe it was a (momentary)glitch with R10 and Hive. We’ll call it resolved for now....hmm

snigelx wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:23 pm ---Whatever the cause, it seems to have cleared since opening a new instance.
Glad that it works again though.
Ah so you're using the 2.0 release version then, alright.
If you experience issues like these, make sure you also check what the latest version is and install the update, if available. In this case, we're at v2.01, you can download it from the Hive2 product page, it contains a few small improvements.

Viktor
u-he team

Return to “u-he”