Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Ploki wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:56 pm
mi-os wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:43 pm If the iPad (client) runs the same OS as the Mac (server) it should be possible to exchange commands (data) only between the two, right? That way there would also be some kind of load distribution.

Edit: it would only work on OS level i think. So it is most likely video stream based. I personally don't like the idea of permanent video streams for a application like this.
I understand what you mean, but no, they're the same base (darwin), related, but not at all the same. And it would automatically negate third party stuff or you'd need to have two local copies.
Yep, you would need especially designed applications for this to work. VSL Vienna Ensemble comes to mind.

that's how Logic Remote (and every other midi controller app) works, so this has been pretty common for a while.

For example, someone made a Lemur DIVA patch:
viewtopic.php?t=406219

Not a fan of these, i don't even use Logic Remote. something about touch screen and audio irks me.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 pm
Urs wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:27 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:14 pmI'm personally no fan of touch screens for audio work [...]
Neither am I.

Using an iPad next to a Soundforce controller is just one option. Our interface stuff also allows for dynamic remapping of knobs based on the concept of "pages" though. You could use an iPad/Touchscreen just to display values and have a row of knobs below it to tweak those values - just like on most hardware synths. Use the Touchscreen only for the things knobs can't do: FX routing etc.
Totally on the same page. For things little things like FX Routing they can be great, but not for fine control/musical performance. Nothing about tweaking on a parameter on a touch screen makes me feel like I'm a musician in a performance. But like...maybe pressing a button/trigger on a touch screen or changing something like FX routing on an iPad makes perfect sense, but tweaking filter cutoff, ADSR's, etc. on touch screens just sucks. IMO of course.
Like many things, it's a matter of the tools you use and the practice you have with them. Is it as natural/easy as a physical knob? No (well, actually, sometimes turning a knob control into a strip using something like Ribn is easier than using hardware). But with good tools and practice it's not hard. There's people who do it live, too, performing (I'm not one). Not saying this to change your mind, as I totally respect your position, but to offer an alternative view: there's plenty of people doing what you prefer not to do.

I'd love a "companion" iOS app for any of U-He's synths that could have more functionality and ease of use than a hardware synth screen. This could enable people who have a limited number of knobs/faders/etc. on their MIDI controller to still somewhat/mostly/completely go mouse-less if they have an iOS device (universal, please!).

Please can you create another thread for this? I'm interested in Hive, not touchscreens.

No worries, there'll be a new Hive thread in some weeks anyway.

:o

Urs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:01 pm No worries, there'll be a new Hive thread in some weeks anyway.
:hyper:
Always Read the Manual!

Urs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:01 pm No worries, there'll be a new Hive thread in some weeks anyway.
You are mean. :hihi:

Benutzername wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:27 am
Sorry, yes, I am. I could do much worse though... loads of exciting things I can't talk about.

:lol:

savage

Urs wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:27 pm
Sorry, yes, I am. I could do much worse though... loads of exciting things I can't talk about.
Don't say things like that, now we want to know more :D
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:36 am
Urs wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:27 pm
Don't say things like that, now we want to know more :D
Trust me, I don't want to be mean. But with the most exciting project involving Hive and CVilization we're totally under NDA.

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:46 am Trust me, I don't want to be mean. But with the most exciting project involving Hive and CVilization we're totally under NDA.
Are you NDAing yourself?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:09 am
Urs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:46 am Trust me, I don't want to be mean. But with the most exciting project involving Hive and CVilization we're totally under NDA.
Are you NDAing yourself?
Nope.

Urs wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:37 am
david.beholder wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:09 am
Are you NDAing yourself?
Nope.
So...if you're the boss and you are not NDAing yourself but 'we're totally under NDA' then who is NDAing you Urs?

Hmm...is it Howard? Is it Sascha? Hang on maybe it's nobody at u-he!

...So it must be somebody outside u-he!

So u-he have signed an NDA with an entity outside u-he...Who could it be?

Is it tubbutec? I think I recall Urs saying tubbutec worked on CVilization, but maybe things have changed...hmmmmmmmmm.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to “u-he”