Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

You can only control mod matrix depths, and there are no FX on/off assignments.

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:53 amWe would have to restrict this to instances which have the UI open.
This would be perfectly fine for me. Maybe I'd even make it more restrictive: Just allow allow external control when the preset browser is open. That way the feature could be declared as preset browser remote control and it would be totally separated from the synth's controls from a user's perspective.

I can see why this is not an easy task.

Arturia's AnalogLab allows remote control from my KeyLab keyboard even if the plugin window is closed and that can be dangerous if you accidentally hit a preset or category button. It will load the new sound instantaneously and discard the current settings. Also if you have two instances of AnalogLab on the same track then both will change in parallel. There is no undo available in this mode so if the current preset was tweaked then it's gone forever.

Benutzername wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:06 pm
Urs wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:53 amWe would have to restrict this to instances which have the UI open.
This would be perfectly fine for me. Maybe I'd even make it more restrictive: Just allow allow external control when the preset browser is open. That way the feature could be declared as preset browser remote control and it would be totally separated from the synth's controls from a user's perspective.
In my case this would not work i suppose. That's why i proposed an "Advanced MIDI Control Mode". A better name for it may be "Dangerous MIDI Control Mode (use at your own risk)". In my case i could handle some states on the hardware side and show warnings accordingly.

I could imagine some kind of Sysex based bidirectional control system to control everything as an alternative to standard MIDI learn.

mi-os wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:27 am Is controlling the mod matrix and fx on/off possible using NKS controllers? I don't have such a device and can't check that myself.
No, NKS can't do it either.

It could if stuff were exposed to host automation, but that just brings us back to the origin of the issue - which is that those particular widgets in u-he's framework don't really lend themselves well to host automation/MIDI learn since they're multi-functional.

However, I see no reason why global FX bypass shouldn't be automatable/MIDI learnable.

So, what's left from my side is to kindly to ask you to implement a clever solution into your framework. Many thanks!

mi-os wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:55 pm So, what's left from my side is to kindly to ask you to implement a clever solution into your framework. Many thanks!
For Global FX Bypass or everything you're asking about? I know you're jonesing to build a custom MIDI Controller that does everything, but I think it's been made clear time and time again that's not going to happen any time soon if at all. Even most modern hardware synths require some menu diving to do everything. Would I like to see a global FX bypass button that's MIDI Learn-able? Sure. I have no idea what the work effort is, and for some reason it doesn't sound as simple as it seems at first. Do I, or most users need every single parameter to be MIDI Learn-able? No, and I think U-he's been pretty transparent about why that won't work and doesn't make sense. Asking a hundred different times across three different threads may not change that.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:14 pm
mi-os wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:55 pm So, what's left from my side is to kindly to ask you to implement a clever solution into your framework. Many thanks!
For Global FX Bypass or everything you're asking about? I know you're jonesing to build a custom MIDI Controller that does everything, but I think it's been made clear time and time again that's not going to happen any time soon if at all. Even most modern hardware synths require some menu diving to do everything. Would I like to see a global FX bypass button that's MIDI Learn-able? Sure. I have no idea what the work effort is, and for some reason it doesn't sound as simple as it seems at first. Do I, or most users need every single parameter to be MIDI Learn-able? No, and I think U-he's been pretty transparent about why that won't work and doesn't make sense. Asking a hundred different times across three different threads may not change that.
Please stay out of it, it's not your business. You got half it wrong anyways. Thank you!

He does make a good point, though.

mi-os wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:21 pm Please stay out of it, it's not your business. You got half it wrong anyways. Thank you!
It's a public discussion in a rather public forum, in a general thread you didn't even open. I mean...

so, when is V3 coming?

lol

Any ideas will there be layers in v3?

Ploki wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:22 am
mi-os wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:21 pm Please stay out of it, it's not your business. You got half it wrong anyways. Thank you!
It's a public discussion in a rather public forum, in a general thread you didn't even open. I mean...
Are you guys for real? I was done with it and expressed a final wish. I can assure you it is unpleasent enough to have to beg for basic stuff (IMO) like this. I think never asked for anything that was out of question.

mi-os wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:02 am
Are you guys for real? I was done with it and expressed a final wish. I can assure you it is unpleasent enough to have to beg for basic stuff (IMO) like this. I think never asked for anything that was out of question.
Just pointing that you're essentially politely telling someone to STFU in a general public discussion that you didn't even start.
He's as entitled to his opinion on your comments as you are to your opinions about what you think the software should be like... If you want to express your feature request without someone commenting on them, maybe don't do it in a general thread in a public forum, but rather a private email directly to u-he. I'm pretty sure Funkybot's Evil Twin won't be able to comment wrongly on your super specific requests with as scarce information as possible.

Oh. And despite your opinion about dedicated controllers, Diva is pretty unfriendly to work for because of the possible combinations and different modules.
and dedicated Repro controller (Which you deemed unfeasible) already exists:
http://sound-force.nl/?page_id=2318

Return to “u-he”