Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Hey guys, continuing my work with Hive 2 and would love to share my latest soundset with you guys, Afterglow Holograms. It comes in an optional Expansion version which includes the MIDI files from the showcases, intro price until Sept 24, 2019.

https://youtu.be/nxMUGVpeXsE
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Bought Hive 2 couple of days ago, sounds amazing and already made couple of cool presets from scratch but I didnt touch function and shape parameters, is there any tutorial on how to use them properly and what can be done with them? Thx

There's the manual... You can also search youtube...

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:48 am There's the manual... You can also search youtube...
Thank you, you have been very helpful!

Excellent, thx!

HcDoom wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:51 am
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:48 am There's the manual... You can also search youtube...
Thank you, you have been very helpful!
:dog:

HcDoom wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:38 pm Bought Hive 2 couple of days ago, sounds amazing and already made couple of cool presets from scratch but I didnt touch function and shape parameters, is there any tutorial on how to use them properly and what can be done with them? Thx
Aside from the videos (haven't seen them all), I'd first say that there isn't a right/wrong way to use anything. They are freely assignable, experiment and take note of happy accidents.

The Shape Sequencer, for example. I've used single cells as simple LFOs. I've used multiple cells as a complex shaped LFO. Similarly, both cases as envelopes... I've used them as... a sequencer. I've used them to scale/shape the output of other modulation sources. As DC offsets... honestly, they are extremely flexible and can be put to work in almost any way you can imagine.

So if I had to give you a right/wrong way to use them...
Right: experiment with as many use cases as possible
Wrong: use only as a sequencer

The Function Generator I haven't gotten as crazy with yet, but they can be used as simple LFOs, simple AD envelopes, lag generators for smoothing/shaping the output of other modulation sources... those are the ways I've mostly used them to this point. Since I'm not really 100% at home with some modular synth concepts and composition methods, I haven't really explored the use of them as clock dividers or gates, too much. I think I did use them as a gate to control the on/off of a modulation source somewhere, LFO running when gate open...

Anyway, Hive's modulation system is a deep rabbit hole, it can be as simple or as complex as you like. There's probably a bunch of interactions I haven't tried yet, for everything I've already done. Experiment.

I didn't use Hive 2 couple of weeks. Some days ago I updated my computer to OQ 10.15. Catalina. Now Logic (10.4.7) don't see Hive.component (Audio Unit). I think at least, that it happened after recent update, because like I said, I didn't use it couple of weeks. With VST everything seems to be ok.

Does someone experience such problem with Hive 2 AU?

Just install Hive again, then log out and in (or reboot) for the AU to be recognized.

Urs wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:24 pm Just install Hive again, then log out and in (or reboot) for the AU to be recognized.
thank you for the answer Herr Heckmann! :)) I suppose, that are you, so I would continue in German.

Nein, ich habe mehrere male versucht, auch beim komplett entfernen und neuistallation der Hive 2 ging es nicht. Logic hat das AU einfach nicht gesehen, obwohl es richtig in dem entsprechenden Ordner war. Und Hive 2 war nicht das einzige Problem mit dem neuen 10.15 Update, die Hälfte von KORG Collection AUs ging nicht mehr.

Also habe ich dann zurück auf Mojave downgraded, jetzt läuft wieder alles, wie davor!

Danke für wunderschöne Instrumente Herr Heckmann!

Haben Sie ein schönes Wochenende!

charliezerotwo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:59 pm Nein, ich habe mehrere male versucht, auch beim komplett entfernen und neuistallation der Hive 2 ging es nicht. Logic hat das AU einfach nicht gesehen, obwohl es richtig in dem entsprechenden Ordner war. Und Hive 2 war nicht das einzige Problem mit dem neuen 10.15 Update, die Hälfte von KORG Collection AUs ging nicht mehr.
You also have to reboot your Mac, otherwise it won't work.
Apple introduced this little weirdness about two years ago.
Since this time, many AU plugins won't be recognized by the system until you do a reboot.

If this doesn't help, you can always delete the AU cache file, to be found here:
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache

Deleting this file will force your host to rescan all plugins to build a new AU cache file.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:42 am
charliezerotwo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:59 pm Nein, ich habe mehrere male versucht, auch beim komplett entfernen und neuistallation der Hive 2 ging es nicht. Logic hat das AU einfach nicht gesehen, obwohl es richtig in dem entsprechenden Ordner war. Und Hive 2 war nicht das einzige Problem mit dem neuen 10.15 Update, die Hälfte von KORG Collection AUs ging nicht mehr.
You also have to reboot your Mac, otherwise it won't work.
Apple introduced this little weirdness about two years ago.
Since this time, many AU plugins won't be recognized by the system until you do a reboot.

If this doesn't help, you can always delete the AU cache file, to be found here:
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache

Deleting this file will force your host to rescan all plugins to build a new AU cache file.
Thank you for the answer!

Sure I did! But only downgrade back to Mojave helped. It was everything fine with hive 2 VST under Ableton in Catalina, but Logic simply didn't see AU in plugin manager. I tried everything. Only rollback helped.

charliezerotwo wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:43 am Sure I did! But only downgrade back to Mojave helped. It was everything fine with hive 2 VST under Ableton in Catalina, but Logic simply didn't see AU in plugin manager. I tried everything. Only rollback helped.
Did you also try to delete the AU cache file, then install the plugin and reboot? Sometimes this is the only way to force hosts to rescan all plugins.

During our tests with Logic, Hive and all other u-he plugins were running fine in macOS Catalina, even in the final release version.

Some hosts also have a blacklist file, where they put plugins which created problems once.
Then these plugins won't show up in the host until you delete the blacklist.
But I am not sure if Logic does have such a blacklist.

Return to “u-he”