Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Not really, no.

Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:02 pm i'm experimenting with OS versions and wiping my drive a lot - I don't always deauthorize hive, is that an issue
No, we don't do any intrusive things like counting activations or connecting licenses to machine IDs. When you authorize one of our plugins, the license gets written to a file so the plugin can find it the next time it's loaded, that's it.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

ThomasLehmann wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:31 am Hive 2 is fantastic. I love it as well as zebra. There is only ONE thing I want to have absolutely: That is a Midifile export button for the Sequencers / Arpeggiators.
So often I have good sequences, but if I want to edit them in the DAW / Host Sequencer there is no solution. I always have to set the notes in the DAW sequencer manually, thats so...annoying.
So, Could you implement a Midifile Export button on the synths like Zebra and Hive please ?
Or midi direct output of the VST would be good..

#rob wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:11 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:02 pm i'm experimenting with OS versions and wiping my drive a lot - I don't always deauthorize hive, is that an issue
No, we don't do any intrusive things like counting activations or connecting licenses to machine IDs. When you authorize one of our plugins, the license gets written to a file so the plugin can find it the next time it's loaded, that's it.
Thanks, good to know.
I'm not abusing the agreement anyway, it's used on a portable when I'm not in studio - in one of two systems, one used strictly for live performance. :)

I just wiped my "performance" partition few times now because MainStage won't play nice.

dermage wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:12 pmOr midi direct output of the VST would be good..
Isn't possible in AU (and not sure for AAX). Only AUv3, but AFAIK no u-he plugins are AUv3 yet.

Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:25 pm Thanks, good to know.
I'm not abusing the agreement anyway, it's used on a portable when I'm not in studio - in one of two systems, one used strictly for live performance. :)
Yeah, don't worry about it, that's absolutely fine. :)
Straight from the horse's mouth: https://u-he.com/support/faq.html#licenses:how-many
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

From the manual wrote:Instead of the standard 440Hz, tuning A4 to 432Hz has become inexplicably popular recently, especially in the PsyTrance scene.
lol, gotta love it.

Hi, I have an issue with songs I produced using Hive 1 crashing on opening post upgrade to Hive 2. If I start a compleletly new song all is well. My weapon of choice is the latest FLStudio. Apart from that Hive 2 like Hive 1 is my goto when I fist sit down in front of my DAW.

Thorst wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:02 pm Hi, I have an issue with songs I produced using Hive 1 crashing on opening post upgrade to Hive 2. If I start a compleletly new song all is well.
Could have a few different reasons.
First you could try to load an empty project, load Hive in it, and then load one of the projects which crash. If it now loads fine, then it's a very rare issue which we weren't able to solve completely yet.

But it could also simply be that you only updated one plugin format (e.g. VST3), but not the one with which the old projects were created (e.g. VST2). Then they would try to load the old VST2 and crash.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Urs wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:58 pm In the long term I'd rather add an engine with maybe yet a different filter sound.
What about creative filters, such as combs, phaser, formants or scream filters?

You can do them in wavetables. :P

One thing I would love to see is MIDI out from the plugin, so that when using the MIDI note filtering, you could layer Hive with another synth that would follow the midi reconfiguration. I think the MIDI quantize is a really cool feature, and as far as I can see, unique to Hive. Even better if the arpeggiator output came out too.

I've finally had the chance to try Hive 2. The new UI is fantastic. I'm still getting used to how the shapes work compared to the MSEG in Zebra and figuring out how the functions work.

Now that Hive is more geared towards experimentation it would be great if there was some sort of note probability trigger. I imagine the ideal solution would be adding a probability parameter in UI of the sequencer, but I guess that would not be so easy since the space is tight. Another approach could be as an oscillator setting. Using a random modulator to an oscillator trigger setting with velocity as a via source it would be possible to control which notes have more or less probability of being triggered.

Anyway, good work U-He team!

You can use the function generators with LFOs to create random triggers. One fine day I'll post a tutorial.

Urs wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:09 pm You can use the function generators with LFOs to create random triggers. One fine day I'll post a tutorial.
Thanks I'll look into that Urs!

Return to “u-he”