Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:31 pm Awesome, thanks guys. Is the tagging saved in the preset file itself?
Yes. So for example, tagged presets can be shared and the tags will be seen by whoever you share them with.

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:31 pm Awesome, thanks guys. Is the tagging saved in the preset file itself?
Yes, of course. There's no point in doing it any other way.

It's awesome the way it saves the tags in the presets in the background, without me having to do it manually. Nice.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:06 pmLink to the manual?
In Hive, click on the u-he badge and select "user guide".

To clarify: We also have a database running in the background which holds a list of all presets and their tags. This allows for *fast* queries. Usually this database is updated when a plug-in is instantiated for the first time, but this can be disabled. Then, one has to refresh the database manually when installing third party presets.

There is something that I was wondering about the distortion FX : would it be feasible to add a "polyphonic mode" option for it ?

I understand that it goes against the low CPU usage philosophy of Hive 2 yet it would add a lot timbre-wise. What do you think ?

Although it works nicely in Repro-5, I don't think per-voice distortion would be the best use of CPU in Hive. In combination with the engine selection, the filters already offer quite a wide variety of per-voice distortion - more than you might think.

Yeah, the distortion is probably among the most CPU consuming algorithms in Hive.

In the long term I'd rather add an engine with maybe yet a different filter sound.

...and a mix&match user mode of course :)

I think with that, oscillators and/or subs bypassing the FX (or even better - tapping in only after a certain FX!), "like osc" subs ignoring unison of master... that's already a very nice feature update :)

Thanks for the explanations! Indeed, that makes sense in the context of Hive. Actually per-voice distortion (with random panning) is a thing that I do a lot when making patches for Repro-5. As well as the insert FX waveshapers in Massive and MX.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:24 pm ...and a mix&match user mode of course :)

I think with that, oscillators and/or subs bypassing the FX (or even better - tapping in only after a certain FX!), "like osc" subs ignoring unison of master... that's already a very nice feature update :)
Sounds like the feature set for Hive 2.5 has been locked down. :lol: :party:

Urs wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:58 pm In the long term I'd rather add an engine with maybe yet a different filter sound.
tasty idea. i like the ”engine” scheme Hive employs and i agree w HS that per-voice drive options via various gain stages is probably overlooked; furthermore that p-v waveshaping from the fx block would more than likely take a bat to Hive’s knee-caps

Hive 2 is fantastic. I love it as well as zebra. There is only ONE thing I want to have absolutely: That is a Midifile export button for the Sequencers / Arpeggiators.
So often I have good sequences, but if I want to edit them in the DAW / Host Sequencer there is no solution. I always have to set the notes in the DAW sequencer manually, thats so...annoying.
So, Could you implement a Midifile Export button on the synths like Zebra and Hive please ?
---

i'm experimenting with OS versions and wiping my drive a lot - I don't always deauthorize hive, is that an issue

Return to “u-he”