Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Teksonik wrote: Good job but we have philosophical difference in that I feel the Amp Envs should be on the Left like they were in Hive 1 and in Osc 1 in H2. You're likely to always use the Amp Env but may not use (or use both) Mod Envs. Seems to my mind it should be Osc-> Amp-> Mod but that's just me. Maybe I'll take a stab at moving the elements while waiting for satYatunes to make a Hive 2 skin. His Spartan Grey skin for Hive 1 was my favorite as I'm a big fan of his style.
My thinking for mod always on left is hardware. If you've got a hardware synth and the envelopes exist in a left/right type configuration, the amp envelope is almost always the one on the right with filter being on the left. I use a System-8 as a controller which follows that same configuration. So from an ergonomic perspective, my mind just naturally assumes the one on the right is the amp envelope because it's what I'm used to. Having the GUI reflect that will hopefully prevent me from modifying the wrong envelope when I'm mousing around the GUI.

Yes, it kinda follows the VCO-VCF-VCA paradigm.

I want to modulate an oscillator by strictly 4 semitones with a square lfo without being dissonant to other oscillators. How?

Ideally, I'd set tune to 4 in the mod matrix to lfo, but the range is set to percentage so its not 4 semitone here, but 4 percent of the range it can be modulated. Doing so is out of key.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Set modulation amount to 16.66.

50% of modulation amount to tune is one octave. Otherwise modulation amount is scaled linearly, so if you divide 50 by 12 (semitones), you get 4.16666... % for one semitone. So 4.16 * 4 = 16.66.

Figured I'd have to do some tricky math like that. The key it seems is that the range is + or - 2 octaves, correct?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Yes. I wouldn't say that basic multiplication is "tricky math", though. :P

In vsti land, I'd say it is :P

TTU Youtube

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:17 pm
Teksonik wrote: Good job but we have philosophical difference in that I feel the Amp Envs should be on the Left like they were in Hive 1 and in Osc 1 in H2. You're likely to always use the Amp Env but may not use (or use both) Mod Envs. Seems to my mind it should be Osc-> Amp-> Mod but that's just me. Maybe I'll take a stab at moving the elements while waiting for satYatunes to make a Hive 2 skin. His Spartan Grey skin for Hive 1 was my favorite as I'm a big fan of his style.
My thinking for mod always on left is hardware. If you've got a hardware synth and the envelopes exist in a left/right type configuration, the amp envelope is almost always the one on the right with filter being on the left. I use a System-8 as a controller which follows that same configuration. So from an ergonomic perspective, my mind just naturally assumes the one on the right is the amp envelope because it's what I'm used to. Having the GUI reflect that will hopefully prevent me from modifying the wrong envelope when I'm mousing around the GUI.
It can go either way I guess. I browsed through some synths and there is no de facto standard or trend.
Some put the amp env first/left; others put it to the right.
Some put the filter envelope on top when the env section is under the filter section, so the filter env is closer to the filter section; and then put the amp env under the filter env.

So there are all kinds of configurations without a de facto standard.

(Personnaly as env 1 is typically hardcoded to the amp (so env1 = amp env) and we read from left to right in Western cultures, I prefer the amp env on the left ).

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 am Set modulation amount to 16.66.

50% of modulation amount to tune is one octave. Otherwise modulation amount is scaled linearly, so if you divide 50 by 12 (semitones), you get 4.16666... % for one semitone. So 4.16 * 4 = 16.66.
Or forget about all the math, and do it the easy way, by using the quantize option in the mod matrix.
Just set it to "steps of 4", and set mod depth to around 20.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Point there. :D

How to assign tags and categories to patches? Link to the manual?

TTU Youtube

The manual is installed alongside Hive, it's in its Data folder...

Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:06 pm How to assign tags and categories to patches? Link to the manual?
In the preset browser, simply right-click on "category/features/characters" and select the tags you want to assign. Same way to deselect tags :)

Awesome, thanks guys. Is the tagging saved in the preset file itself?

TTU Youtube

Audio Voltage wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:06 pm How to assign tags and categories to patches? Link to the manual?
In the preset browser, simply right-click on "category/features/characters" and select the tags you want to assign. Same way to deselect tags :)
Or right-click the Save button and select "Tag This Patch" from the dropdown.

Or...if you want to bulk tag patches:

1. Open the preset browser
2. Stay in Directory view
3. Shift-Select (or Alt+Select if non-continuous) the presets you want to highlight them
4. On the left, scroll down until you see the Categories, Features, Character section - expand the one you want to apply to the presets
5. Click and drag the presets into the appropriate Category/Features/Character tag

Return to “u-he”