Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Hi,

I am a legal owner of Hive version 1.
Someone knows how to upgrade to version 2 with the obliged discount price ?
I can't find this on the u-he website.
There should be clear notice of the upgrade discount option from v1 to v2 on their site.

Sidenote:
I really wish there would be a dedicated account page on u-he, where you could see all your purchases,downloads, serials and obliged update discounts.
The current system of filling in your registered email on the u-he site to retrieve your owned serials is a rather user-unfriendly, spartac way.

Just my 0.02. :D
Rob van Hees

Not really sure how to tackle this comprehensively but I find it distracting that the shape sequencer is animated when it's not being used (no target assigned). As it draws a lot of attention.

When you open a patch and want to figure out how it works it's like "hey, look at me" but then it's like "hey, I'm not actually doing anything". :P :roll:

The lfo's who are pretty much always in use are not animated but the shape sequencer is when it's not actually routed to anything. Dunno.
Last edited by Stefken on Wed May 29, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomDog_tb303 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 am read this:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=525970
Thank you for helping me, figured it out.
So, gosh, the upgrade URL for V2 is hidden in a PDF. :cry:
Rob van Hees

vanhaze wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:00 am Thank you for helping me, figured it out.
So, gosh, the upgrade URL for V2 is hidden in a PDF. :cry:
Because we want people to read the step by step instructions.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

+1 to what Rob said - a direct link to purchase the upgrade would lead to a lot of grief for many, many people. Checking your licenses first and being aware of the email address used has made this a pretty reliable system. And it's fast, too!

Stefken wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:42 am Not really sure how to tackle this comprehensively but I find it distracting that the shape sequencer is animated when it's not being used (no target assigned). As it draws a lot of attention.
Yeah, I was torn on that. I arrived at the conclusion that, if there's a selection, it needs to animate. Otherwise it looks broken, and other solutions seem to involve extra steps.

We could add an option to automatically empty the Shape Seq selections when loading presets where it's not in use.

Urs wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:56 am Otherwise it looks broken...
Yep.
Urs wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:56 am We could add an option to automatically empty the Shape Seq selections when loading presets where it's not in use.
That would go a long way. :tu:

Or change the init to not activate the shape sequencer by default. That would mean an extra action on the part of the sound designer to configure the shape sequencer but less distraction in use .
This option would not involve extra programming but I prefer the option of emptying the selections.
Emptying the selections would also resolve the issue with presets who already 'suffer' from this as the init always activates the shape sequencer.
Last edited by Stefken on Wed May 29, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

OK i will be honest, working on a project with Hive 2 is a bit hard and annoying in FL Studio, because unlike previous Hive 1.2, every time i have to close the plugin otherwise whole FL Studio GUI just stutters/lags. Wavetable and scope are hidden.

Where are the hive 2 presets?

Elektronisch wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:24 am OK i will be honest, working on a project with Hive 2 is a bit hard and annoying in FL Studio, because unlike previous Hive 1.2, every time i have to close the plugin otherwise whole FL Studio GUI just stutters/lags. Wavetable and scope are hidden.
I noticed this as well. Strangly enough the vst3 version runs a bit better on my system. Maybe try that.

Another workaround is to bridge the plugin in the wrapper settings. That way it becomes a seperate proces and the GUI of FLS keeps it's steady refresh rate :tu:

Sorry if it has been asked before, but how can I save, import/export the sequence of the shape sequencer?
From a sound designers view this is something very important. Having to program the sequences all the time from scratch is a real pain.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:24 am OK i will be honest, working on a project with Hive 2 is a bit hard and annoying in FL Studio, because unlike previous Hive 1.2, every time i have to close the plugin otherwise whole FL Studio GUI just stutters/lags. Wavetable and scope are hidden.
It's one of the next major challenges.

We might have an improvement in a few weeks, but I guess we have to start working on Vulkan support (Metal on macOS).

Hexfix93 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:12 am Where are the hive 2 presets?
Preset Browser -> "saved searches" -> "New Hive 2.0 Presets"

From 0.27 in this video (click the link to start at that time):

https://youtu.be/0cam8cb2C_o?t=27

enCiphered wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:25 am Sorry if it has been asked before, but how can I save, import/export the sequence of the shape sequencer?
From a sound designers view this is something very important. Having to program the sequences all the time from scratch is a real pain.
Yeah, it's something that I didn't think of since I never use those presets. We'll add that and copy/paste at some point, but we need a little break first.

Return to “u-he”