Uhbik 2 wishlist

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:38 am
bk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:41 am
Urs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:10 am
bk wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 pm Please add frequency readouts to the filters in Q
That's "one of those issues" which have been posing a major challenge.
That seems surprising, and not at all the response I expected. :lol:
To a non-programmer, like me, that seems like a trivial request.
Ok, let's elaborate!
Thanks for the explanation, Urs!
That's why you're one of the most beloved devs today.
You could have told me to piss off, but you took the time to explain, and I appreciate it! :tu:

bk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:51 pm You could have told me to piss off
That might have been unwise, considering this forum is probably where you're most likely to find people who have purchased (and will probably continue to purchase) several of his products :)

But you're right, the transparency and friendly, patient educational posts directly from the people involved in creating the plugins is possibly the best I've seen anywhere. Uhe has a pretty dedicated following so I'm sure it's not a total chore for him to spend some time bullshitting with some of the people who appreciate his work the most, but its extremely gratifying (not to mention rare) to get actual answers to things that seem like simple questions.

Urs: What kind of timeframe are you folks looking at for a release date?
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:50 am Urs: What kind of timeframe are you folks looking at for a release date?
Same as Zebra3: As soon as possible :clown:

That said, we're currently integrating a long term project into our main sources. The testing for this is happening with ACE, Bazille, Diva and Hive (see "latest builds"). In order to avoid distracting people from this, we have not run field tests with Uhbik. As soon as we think the integration is "safe", we might pass Uhbik to our internal beta team for testing/criticism.

In other words: I think it's pretty far, but the time frame ist still months rather than weeks.

I am considering the Uhbik bundle because it sounds great, has character and is relatively easy to use. Knowing that updates with more advanced modulation and visualization are planned Uhbik 2 is good news.

I was wondering if other units than the aforementioned Uhbik-X are or were planned. I really like the resonator in ZebraHZ and was wondering if this effect can be become an full Uhbik effect or even something bigger (say... Uhbik-R or Artiforg)….. According the HZ manual, the inspiration for Hz resonator came from this movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XUiJi5153Y. Perhaps the physical modelling experiences for Zebra3 and U-he druhm could yield some interesting resonator models.

Return to “u-he”