Uhbik 2 wishlist

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

krans wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:26 am Will we see any changes made to Uhbik-Q?
There'll be modulation as well, for starters. This will enable a limited amount of dynamic EQing and a whole lot of creative uses.

We're discussing additonal visualization (curves/spectrum), but we haven't set that in stone yet.

Thing is, every Uhbik (as of current state) will have a miniature Hive-style oscilloscope which, in case of Q, we could also use to visualize a spectrum or the EQ curve.

Urs wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:11 am
lunardigs wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 am I guess Runciter 2 is what I'm most looking forward to. I love it's functionality. I think it sounds great. Hopefully there's something special in store for v2.
As of now I think we only have the new modulations. Not sure if we can for instance add a switch for filter characteristic. But if we don't do it now, doesn't mean we won't ever.
Yeah, that would be valuable for sure! I'd love to see that.
When you say "characteristic" do you mean switch-able filter models?

I remember you wrote once that it bugs you 'U-he has the best filters in the world, but it hasn't made into Runciter [yet],' or something like this. Will Runciter 2 see it's base filter model upgraded in this way?

I use Runciter in basically every track I‘m currently working on. It’s perfect for making drums sound more industrial/cinematic.

So it would be great to get to keep the legacy filter, but I‘m SO voting for additional models.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Urs wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:31 am
krans wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:26 am Will we see any changes made to Uhbik-Q?
There'll be modulation as well, for starters. This will enable a limited amount of dynamic EQing and a whole lot of creative uses.

We're discussing additonal visualization (curves/spectrum), but we haven't set that in stone yet.

Thing is, every Uhbik (as of current state) will have a miniature Hive-style oscilloscope which, in case of Q, we could also use to visualize a spectrum or the EQ curve.
This is excellent news!
And very useful ones.
I'm really looking forward to it. :phones:

lunardigs wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:15 pmYeah, that would be valuable for sure! I'd love to see that.

I remember you wrote once that it bugs you 'U-he has the best filters in the world, but it hasn't made into Runciter [yet],' or something like this. Will Runciter 2 see it's base filter model upgraded in this way?
Hehehe, I don't think I would have put it exactly this way, but yes, that's what I mean. We haven't added any other models yet, and I'm not sure we'll make it until the first big update, but we surely have it in the back of our minds.

Urs wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:18 amWe'll see. It totally bugs me that we have some of the best filters in the world, yet none of our dedicated filter plug-ins (Filterscape, Runciter) feature any of them.
:hihi:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:40 pm
Urs wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:18 amWe'll see. It totally bugs me that we have some of the best filters in the world, yet none of our dedicated filter plug-ins (Filterscape, Runciter) feature any of them.
:hihi:
Damn you, internet! :D
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Urs wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:00 pm
lunardigs wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:15 pmYeah, that would be valuable for sure! I'd love to see that.

Hehehe, I don't think I would have put it exactly this way, but yes, that's what I mean. We haven't added any other models yet, and I'm not sure we'll make it until the first big update, but we surely have it in the back of our minds.
Cool! Well, that's exciting. It took me a while to buy a license for Uhbik, but I'm glad I did. It's a very useful set of tools. Runciter is still one of my favorites.

Please add frequency readouts to the filters in Q

bk wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 pm Please add frequency readouts to the filters in Q
That's "one of those issues" which have been posing a major challenge.

Urs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:10 am
bk wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 pm Please add frequency readouts to the filters in Q
That seems surprising, and not at all the response I expected. :lol:
To a non-programmer, like me, that seems like a trivial request.

To a non-programmer everything sounds trivial :P

bk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:41 am
Urs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:10 am
That seems surprising, and not at all the response I expected. :lol:
To a non-programmer, like me, that seems like a trivial request.
Ok, let's elaborate!

We strictly separate UI and DSP part. They communicate with each other in the form of data, but not in the form of program code. That is, the DSP-part can send the UI numbers and stuff, but it can't send the UI "you have to do it this or that way".

Now, the problem is, the readout can change based on what the parameter settings are. A good example is the LFO in Uhbik's Flanger, Phaser and Tremolo. The time base parameter changes between musical measure, frequency, duration and manual operation. So whatever is chosen there would change the readout when turning, say, the phase knob. Ideally this is done by the DSP part telling the UI "oh, with the current settings, you should now display phase this and that way".

There we go. There's a dilemma between making a single, possibly over-engineered solution that serves all purpose and is very reusable, or using a simple "data only" solution which requires us to revisit all parameters of all plug-ins in a tedious process to catch those issues.

That said, we have already got an in-between solution (see Satin, Colour Copy, Presswerk, Twangström) which works in many cases. It however doesn't catch e.g. Uhbik-Q readouts where the meaning of the middle band can change.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 am To a non-programmer everything sounds trivial :P
:lol:

Return to “u-he”