Uhbik 2 wishlist

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it seems that my proposal didn't inspire Urs :(

tappert wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:53 pm it seems that my proposal didn't inspire Urs :(
I was busy getting relaxed on a short summer holiday :clown:

I'll say this: We're experimenting with Hive's modulation system in each single Uhbik. Think of it as an expanded version of the modulations in Twangström. We're also about to throw in a slightly enhanced version of ACE/Bazille/Zebra ModMapper which doubles as step sequencer, drawable LFO and the likes.

The existing code for Uhbik-X looks tempting, but we're still uncertain as to how viable this would be. BER might open before it.

Urs wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:43 am We're experimenting with Hive's modulation system in each single Uhbik. Think of it as an expanded version of the modulations in Twangström. We're also about to throw in a slightly enhanced version of ACE/Bazille/Zebra ModMapper which doubles as step sequencer, drawable LFO and the likes.
wow! definitely interesting!

Urs wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:43 am
tappert wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:53 pm it seems that my proposal didn't inspire Urs :(
I was busy getting relaxed on a short summer holiday :clown:

I'll say this: We're experimenting with Hive's modulation system in each single Uhbik. Think of it as an expanded version of the modulations in Twangström. We're also about to throw in a slightly enhanced version of ACE/Bazille/Zebra ModMapper which doubles as step sequencer, drawable LFO and the likes.

The existing code for Uhbik-X looks tempting, but we're still uncertain as to how viable this would be. BER might open before it.
awesome to read!!! I will buy it as soon as it's out!!

but....what's BER?

33tetragammon wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:33 amBER?
A construction site which was supposed to become Berlin's new airport a few years ago :cry:

Urs wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 am
33tetragammon wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:33 amBER?
A construction site which was supposed to become Berlin's new airport a few years ago :cry:
hahahaaaa now I get it! have a great day Urs!!!

Funnily enough It's also the abbreviation for "Beyond Economical Repair" in electronics repair shops (= "Totalschaden" in German). :hihi:

Before BER opens they will invent beaming :borg:

Could you get a little more detailed about the release plan ... I just need a small glimmer of hope ... 2020 maybe or 2021 :pray:

I don't know too much about Uhbik, tried it quite a bit though. It sounded great, but also wasn't suitable for my needs, because often sounding too specific.

For the reverb in Uhbik I would like to suggest to integrate all reverbs that U-He so far developed in all their synths, including a legacy backwards compatible mode.

Surprisingly I also miss a solid/bread'n'butter chorus, phaser and flanger battery, just similar to Renoise or Cubase internals (on macos). Using classical phase modulation and so on. Also I found Uhbik sounding too non standard, too specific here. For a real solid sounding chorus there only seems to be Melda MChorus (kind of lacks a bit of shinyness and some modes IMHO are useless), Blue Cat's Chorus (lacks of control). Sure there is TAL Chorus, but it is too specific. U-He already made nice choruses to be found in Diva, Hive and so on. Why not also bring all these variants into one chorus plugin? Same perception regarding flanger... And then a dual mono/left/right chorus / flanger mode wouldn't hurt either.

So the Uhbik package would turn into THE highest quality bread'n'butter + superior quality standard fxs package.

Plugins I that I think sound really good:
- Lex Chorus
- Renoise Chorus
- Blue Cat flanger
- Tal Chorus LX
- Valhalla *.*
- Lexicon 480

Uhbik-P will have 4, 6 and 12 stage phase modes, and a bipolar mix parameter. This should be good for all sorts of yummy vintage phasing needs 8)

There's no specific chorus, but the flanger does quite a bit of chorussing. Maybe it needs an optional lowpass filter to get into the analogue territory we did in Diva and Colour Copy. I'll think about it.

Extending the reverb is a considerably more difficult task and might not happen before any later date.

I find that Colour Copy is a GREAT Chorus tool, regardless of its main purpose.

I guess Runciter 2 is what I'm most looking forward to. I love it's functionality. I think it sounds great. Hopefully there's something special in store for v2.

sleepcircle wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:12 pm I find that Colour Copy is a GREAT Chorus tool, regardless of its main purpose.
agreed. As is Satin

lunardigs wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 am I guess Runciter 2 is what I'm most looking forward to. I love it's functionality. I think it sounds great. Hopefully there's something special in store for v2.
As of now I think we only have the new modulations. Not sure if we can for instance add a switch for filter characteristic. But if we don't do it now, doesn't mean we won't ever.

Will we see any changes made to Uhbik-Q?
I always liked the sound of it, and frankly also the idea that several parameters are fixed rather than fluid. So I am a bit surprised by how seldom I use it (I use many of the other Uhbiks a lot). Guess parametric eqs are just more intuitive to work with.

So, besides asking whether it is changing, I'm also asking: To you who use Uhbik-Q regularly - in which cases, when is it the better choice for you?

Return to “u-he”