new product suggestion: Hive Player

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This would be the Hive 2+ engine
with a basic control UI interface, macro controls plus mod wheel, or even xy pad UI;
all access to Hive presets, but can only modify macro settings, such as stereo spread, etc;
no access to wvetables or script for custom wavetables obviously;
for a retail price of around 50 Euros.
No upgrade option, as such but a coupon against purchase of main product version.

I must say that with most softsynths, i go for just presets; I hardly ever tweak main controls, because I don't have the time and can't compete with preset designers anyway.

This is already possible by reskinning everything and leaving just the XY pad controls as macros. :D :D :D

I doubt that product suggestion will happen, though. Makes no sense IMHO. Looking at Hive 2 skin, you can pretty much just stay on the Presets page, because XY controls are still there on the bottom.

I absolutely hate those stripped down "Player" versions of VST's. Never got why they exist. But, that's just my opinion.

chk071 wrote: ↑Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 am I absolutely hate those stripped down "Player" versions of VST's. Never got why they exist. But, that's just my opinion.
The only fairly successful player I can think of is Synthmaster Player and that is basically designed to attract people to the full version. The only way that a player makes sense for a developer is if they plan to create and sell an extensive array of libraries for the player that are limited in some way to be used with the player only.

chk071 wrote: ↑Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 am I absolutely hate those stripped down "Player" versions of VST's. Never got why they exist. But, that's just my opinion.
Because they’re free.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Basically I think its the strategy of VST companies who are doubling up as preset companies. Exemplified for me by AAS in particular, who have regurgitated their own product line into tinier and tinier little bits.
A slightly dubious strategy, though; too easy to cannibalise sales of the full product.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

i wish aas would update its models.

it's 2019; chromaphone could stand more harmonics than just the first 128 or whatever. for extremely low notes, the harmonics don't even go up to, like, 400hz.

128 harmonics = 7 octaves
Lowest E is about 40hz i.e. your highest harmonic is like 40 * 2^7 = 5128 hz
Murderous duck!

Return to β€œu-he”