Ableton Live 10.1 & Repro VST3

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ableton Live will soon be able to use the VST3 format with the Live 10.1 update.

Unfortunately, the VST3 version of Repro (Repro-1 and Repro-5) has an issue when being used in Live 10.1, which can lead to the host crashing or hanging when selecting presets.

So please do not use the VST3 format of Repro in Live 10.1 for the time being.
You can safely use the VST2 or AU format instead.

Yes, I noticed that and reported the issue in Ableton Beta program. Is it RePro or Live 10.1's beta fault?

Good question, I'd call it 50/50. :)
It only happens in Live, no other host has this issue.
But the problem seems to be related to some sqlite stuff which is used for the preset browser in Repro.

Oh. The issue has been logged internally at Ableton, so I guess they're going to fix their 50% blame before 10.1 release.

The issue is now fixed for me with Live 10.1 beta 20.

Just bought repro, and unfortunately, it keeps crashing Live 10.1 as soon as I load it. This happens with Repro 1 and 5, VST2 and VST3. Anyone else faced this problem and found a fix?

I've managed to load both VST2 and VST3 of it in my secondary DAW, Cubase Elements 8.

branshen wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:06 pm Just bought repro, and unfortunately, it keeps crashing Live 10.1 as soon as I load it. This happens with Repro 1 and 5, VST2 and VST3. Anyone else faced this problem and found a fix?
It's either an installation or a permission issue. Please contact our support so we can get it sorted.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:31 am
branshen wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:06 pm Just bought repro, and unfortunately, it keeps crashing Live 10.1 as soon as I load it. This happens with Repro 1 and 5, VST2 and VST3. Anyone else faced this problem and found a fix?
It's either an installation or a permission issue. Please contact our support so we can get it sorted.
Thanks for the response. I've used the contact form on u-he website but have yet to get a response. What's the best way to get support?

branshen wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:39 am Thanks for the response. I've used the contact form on u-he website but have yet to get a response. What's the best way to get support?
No worries, you just need a tiny bit of patience :-)

Maybe a bit more patience than usual, due to this:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=530482&sid=4c99e2c ... 408556288e

Ok. Support got to me and gave a clue. It was a permissions problem. So the fix is to run ableton as admin, and it will work. Thanks all! Repro sounds absolutely amazing.

Return to “u-he”