Hive 1.2.1 maintenance update RC rev. 8296

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

here's a new RC for the Hive 1.2.1 update, revision 8296.

In the days after we posted the RC 8256, we started to receive a number of reports from Mac users who suddenly had issues with permissions in the user library locations. Those very likely caused by recent Apple security updates.

So we decided to delay the Hive 1.2.1 release, and added measures to the Mac installer to repair such broken permissions. This should work for most of those permission problems. There might be an occasional edge case which the installer simply can't fix. But in such a rare case, we can help the user to fix the issue manually (quick and painless). :)

Now here are the links for Hive 1.2.1, revision 8296 (Mac, Win, Linux):

Hive 1.2.1 RC 8296 Mac
Hive 1.2.1 RC 8296 Win
Hive 1.2.1 RC 8296 Linux

And again, the overview of what was fixed since Hive 1.2.0 (rev. 8115):

* Fixed locale issue which caused scripts to not load on some Linux systems
* Fixed rare issue causing clicks on note release in left channel
* Fixed wrong frame count for stereo wavetable samples
* Fixed wavetable info (disappeared if apostrophe was used)
* Fixed automatic loading of scripts while being edited
* Fixed scripting error messages
* Windows installer now includes “Hive Wavetables.pdf”
* Improved semitone knob scaling
* Mac installer improved to prevent permission issues

Known issue:

* Windows version will not load wavetables if they contain special characters

Please let us know should there still be trouble with the installation on Mac (or if anything else seems wrong).
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks Tas.
rsp
sound sculptist

:tu:

Cool thanks!!

The wavetable browser seems to choke either after a certain number of subfolders and/or files or on a specific file. It doesn't crash Hive or result in any visible error message. The browser simply lists nothing alphabetically after it.

I'm counting 12529 files before its stops, however this includes non-compatible files (Harmor WT, Dune WT, text files, images). Basically I've created a symlink to the Michael Holt wavetables, the last one it processes is under MH Single Cycles\MH Convolution\MH TDFilterL24_2048 Single.wav. I examined the next one (...L25_2048...) in Sound Forge and it's a perfectly fine WAV file as far as I can tell, no special characters.

12529 isn't near any neat power of 2 but there could be 4377 (~50%) non-compatible files out of the ~9000 mixed files to bring it to 8192.

For now I've taken the symlink out but would like to be able to use them. Let me know if there are any other things I can do to diagnose this.

Yeah, there's a limit of 127 sub-menues and 8192 entries in total. Some of it is simply given by OS constraints.

We will probably adapt at some point, i.e. browse folders and content independently if the numbers are overly excessive.

Thanks for the quick answer especially during Superbooth. Makes sense as an OS limitation.

Return to “u-he”