qq: ROLI pressure + Diva VCA = ?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've looked and can't find this answered already, so apologies if it has been.

I had really been enjoying MPE/ROLI/pressure control over amplitude in a lot of my Kontakt libraries and took the plunge and (re)purchased Diva in the recent sale (I had sold it years ago because my computer couldn't handle it.)

Here's what I am trying to do: have the ROLI poly pressure completely control the VCA (via the lag processor, and thanks for that.)

Here's what I am having trouble understanding: I am forced to have either a gate or a ENV as the primary controller for the VCA and I can set a value between -x and positive x for the 'volume' control. Then I can modulate that control with any number of modulators with the 'vol mod' control.

So it feels like that should mean that I can set 'volume' to be modulated by env or gate and then modulate that with the volume mod control with pressure as the input.

And that does do something, but not what I would expect. What I want to happen is to fully scale the env or gate input with pressure so that lightest pressure would be near 0 for the VCA and heavy pressure would produce a signal 100% as loud as the env or gate will allow.

What I get is, no matter how I set the knobs, a quiet signal that responds to pressure, but only a little bit.

I wonder if someone has some advice here. This kind of per-note amp modulation is very, very cool (well, it is if you're me, I guess.) I would love to have it within Diva.

Thanks for everything Urs if you're reading this. I still remember emailing with you and Atariboy back in the day. ;)

Following...
Curious about this as well.

hey hey. I never bump, but I've spent some hours on this and can't figure it out. BUUUUMMMPP! ;)

Did you see this thread from earlier in the week?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=520948

That person was looking to control the volume mod in Diva via modwheel. Same logic should apply if you're looking to modulate the VCA with volume.

ah!!! reading this now. what a strange development. will report back.

Just checked this in Hive. You can achieve "full volume control" there, if you set the Filter Volume to 0.
Then assign TWO slots of the Modulation Matrix to 100% positive effect on the Filter Volume, controlled by e.g. ModWheel.
(Assuming your sound only uses one filter.)

EDIT: My mistake: You only need ONE slot to achieve 100%.
Last edited by evg on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evg wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 pm Just checked this in Hive. You can achieve "full volume control" there, if you set the Filter Volume to 0.
Then assign TWO slots of the Modulation Matrix to 100% positive effect on the Filter Volume, controlled by e.g. ModWheel. (Assuming your sound only uses one filter.)
That would be 200%. You only need one modulation slot for 100% volume control.

This was just checked in Hive. See More Details If you set the Filter Volume to 0, you may obtain "full volume control" there.
Then, using ModWheel, designate TWO slots of the Modulation Matrix to have a 100 percent positive influence on the Filter Volume.
(Assuming you just have one filter in your sound.)
Last edited by chrisjordan1 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrisjordan1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:46 pm Then, using ModWheel, designate TWO slots of the Modulation Matrix to have a 100 percent positive influence on the Filter Volume.
Once slot is enough to achieve full filter volume (meaning the actual "volume" knob on the filter panel). Two slots will make it louder than 100%, i.e. push it to 200%.
Unless you're referring to the INPUT of the filter?
One slot will get you to the default 0dB value, two slots will push it another 12dB to the max value of the GUI knob. Is that what you mean perhaps?

Return to “u-he”