Repro-1 and 5 weird Behaviour (Ableton 10.0.5)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a strange issue with Repro-1 and Repro-5 in Live 10.0.5

I have an Instrument Rack that has 4 u-He VSTs and Repro-1 and 5 is both of them.
Sometimes when changing banks/presets using program changes, it will eventually hang and the chain volume get's to a maximum point and it stays there.
The only solution is to remove and add again the plug.

I've never experienced this with Hive or Diva. I bought Repro this week so I'm pretty new to bugs, but I've already test this in both Windows 10 and MacOS 10.12.6 using 2 different machines and it happens quite often.

Any solutions?
Thanks

Never heard of something like this.
It might be a good idea to send a mail to support at u-he dot com, and maybe include a small example project file, where this happens. Then we could try to reproduce it, and figure out if it's a bug in Live, or in Repro.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

A quick PSA on the 'random preset' preset ( https://u-he.com/PatchLib/all.html / viewtopic.php?t=203929 ) - It completely kills Ableton if you try using it in Repro 1 and 5. First it'll stop making any sound, then when removing the VSTi from the channel you get the following:

mcbpete wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:03 pm A quick PSA on the 'random preset' preset ( https://u-he.com/PatchLib/all.html / viewtopic.php?t=203929 ) - It completely kills Ableton if you try using it in Repro 1 and 5.
From the release notes:
Repro-1 randomizer presets crash Repro-1 in version 1.1. Please remove until further notice
:wink:

Oops - I'm usually so good/nosy at reading release notes too...

Andregmendes wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Any solutions?
About this, we meanwhile figured out that there might be an issue in Ableton Live 10.0.5 which can cause a crash simply by loading presets. I guess this problem might related to that issue.
It looks like it's a problem in Live. Ableton is investigating this at the moment.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:20 pm
Andregmendes wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Any solutions?
About this, we meanwhile figured out that there might be an issue in Ableton Live 10.0.5 which can cause a crash simply by loading presets. I guess this problem might related to that issue.
It looks like it's a problem in Live. Ableton is investigating this at the moment.
Ok those are good news :)
I haven't tried loading it yet in Live 10.0.6 to see if the problem persists, anyway today they've announced the next 10.1 update which will bring VST3 support. I've seen at the Center Code they are experiencing some issues with u-He plugs but they are looking into it :)
I'm really curious to see if u-He VST3 versions will be more cpu efficient in Live than the VST2 versions. Will try testing it in the weekend.

Hi guys! Any news regarding the repro5 and repro1 crashing in Live when changing presets?
Thanks

Are you still experiencing those crashes in the Live 10.1 release version?

The crashes from Live 10.0.5 should have been fixed in 10.0.6.

In the beta versions of Live 10.1, there were a couple of issues with the VST3 versions, but most of them should also have been solved for the release version of 10.1.
But I think it's possible that program changes might not work in Live 10.1 when using the VST3 version.

If you still get those crashes with the VST2, how do you switch the presets?
Are you maybe using the Push Controller to change presets?
I know that there is a bug which can lead to crashes when switching presets with the Push controller. This isn't exclusive to our plugins, it happens with the plugins of other developers as well.

Honestly I haven't tried it yet on 10.1 because since it was crashing live I removed both from my session. But even in 10.0.6 it was. By that time i talked over several months with Will from the max support team because I had encountered some problems when trying to switch banks and programs along different u-He plugs on an intrument rack. He tested this and he told me he got in contact with you guys also but after a couple of weeks we also told me that the way maxforlive works in regards to Bank/Program changes does in fact add a subtle delay in the app which causes that sometimes the right program won't load correctly. This to say that I use a maxforlive device to quickly change Banks and Program along a same midi clip.

Btw this ONLY happens if the on/off switches are macromapped so that only one VST is active at the time. If you leave all VSTs On in an instrument rack, then changing banks/programs works as expected.

The reason why I prefer to have them off is to save cpu because I have 7 midi tracks, all of them filled with the u-He VSTi rooster. I've already tested the differences in terms of cpu when having them all On and it's quite big.

Btw has anyone else encountered this problem? This is something I've recently got confirmation from the Ableton Support Team that has always existed. The reason why I didn't encoutered this before was because until last year I had all my VSTs active.

Also I'm still using the VST2 versions.

Bringing this topic alive once again.
I'm currently on Live 10.1.13 latest release and all u-he plugs updated and still this happens on Repro, specially Repro-1.
I haven't been using Repro in a live situation since I came across this when I first started this topic but because some time has passed and a lot of updates in Live have been released so far I was trying once again to see if I could finnaly add the Repros into my session.

I work essentialy in midi so that's why i was forced to leave Repros behind, thou I love playing with both of them, specially Repro-5.

I would really love to finally add them to my live setup and been able to change presets on the fly while performing without Ableton completly stoping the sound on that track.

So I was testing it right now and unfortunaly this problem is still happening.

Any feedback about this issue?

Please send a mail to our support, this is way more efficient than trying to solve such an issue here in the forum.

Return to “u-he”