ROLI Lightpad Blocks script (app) for Hive & Zebra2

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi people,

I created a rather dedicated little script for ROLI Lightpad Blocks that works wonderfull for Hive and Zebra2, because they both have 4 XY pages, and in Hive these are always mapped to some good parameters.

It allows all XY pages to be accessed at once, and it it even has a mapping for CtrlA & CtrlB. Also high-resolution MIDI is supported.

Here it can be downloaded: https://github.com/jorisroling/axyz-gems

Enjoy! 😊

PS I love these XY pages like in Hive and hope Zebra2/3 will have this automatic mapping aswell soon. Also I would love to see these in coming versions of Bazille, ACE, Diva, Repro-1 & Repro-5. (@Urs?)
Last edited by joris.roling on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awesome thanks - I didn't realise users could write their own Lightpad apps. I've been going back and forth with Roli support for ages to get them to modify the Rise script so it runs like it does in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR0d3bFkmQg

ie where the mode switches are at the bottom of the pad rather than having to use the hardware mode switches which are stupidly placed on both the Lightpad block and Seaboard block and in fact completely inaccasible in the configuraion shown with the light pad on the right. However they tell me you can only do that if you also have a loop block to put it into Songmaker kit mode which is daft - I don't need a loop block, this is an obvious ploy to sell more hardware.

How easy would it be to create a script with the mode switches built in (modifying the existing RISE script?)

It depends...

The ROLI Blocks can be programmed an various ways. The LittleFoot scripts method is just one of them, and I don't know how this **Songmaker kit mode** is done.

Are there any scripts you could share? You mentioned a RISE script? I'd be happy to have a look! PM me if necessary...

The RISE script is in the same littlefoot folder on my Mac so I guess you have it too. It replicates the different modes the RISE has (XY, Faders) but relies on the hardware mode switch which as I said is in an inaccessible location (ROLI really need to be smarter about the placement of switches and USB ports in their next versions).

**Songmaker kit mode** doesn't seem to exist as a script - it's more like an automatic interlinked hardware state that is available when Seaboard, Loop and Touchpad blocks are connected a certain way (which is rather inflexible tbh)

I’ll have a look at that RISE script...

Thankyou

I utterly agree with you that the orientation of the device should be configurable.

(strange that ROLI did not provide such a obvious feature)

It insired me to create that option in Axyz Gems.
And I have done a small adaption of that feature in the RISE Controller script.
You can find it here https://github.com/jorisroling/axyz-gem ... ster/other

Thanks I'll try it out

I PM'd you..

I don't see one?

Now I did...

wow.

Do you have any other programming experience? I've been dying to whip something custom up so Modes are actually separate pages from different apps. (I.e having notegrid mode1, 3 faders mode2, x/y mode3)

@ploki
That is all very possible, as this RISE Controller script, talked about earlier, is also a combination of two others.
B.T.W. Is the Axys Gems script working for you?

regards, J*

I'm getting my Roli Lightpad tomorrow and already wrote a M4L device that looks for U-He devices in selected Ableton Live tracks and auto maps the grids to the Lightpad without any configuration.

I will see tomorrow if it works out and if so post it :)

Return to “u-he”