Hive 1.2 is awesome, but wavetable synths need more lfos

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would really love if there were 4 LFOs. I really love the wavetable though. I was on the fence about getting hive, but the wavetables won me over. But I really think wavetable synths need lots of modulators. If you add more modulation options I will sacrifice a bagel to the toast god in your honour.

Hive 2.0 is planned for a few months from now and it will address your concern in some creative ways (or so Urs said) :)

While we're waiting for 2.0, remember VLFO! It's missing a lot of features/flexibility compared to its bigger brothers, but it's still quite usable. I use it a lot for modulating Pos/Multi, PWM, anything where I just want some simple movement.
Always Read the Manual!

And of course if you use Bitwig, you have amazing modulation at hand!

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:18 am And of course if you use Bitwig, you have amazing modulation at hand!
If the stars align, you're wearing your lucky underpants and you bounce or freeze/flatten as you go, Live's LFOs will also do nicely.
Always Read the Manual!

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:18 am And of course if you use Bitwig, you have amazing modulation at hand!
Or fl studio

I'm still not tested a wavetable but i'm more than sure that this is the best update for Hive as possible. I can say i was even enough with those settings that Hive had before update, for doing a superb sound, but now it's just opening a new horizons, i just dunno what you need more guys 8)
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

PieBerger wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:13 am While we're waiting for 2.0, remember VLFO!
Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought of that, even the 1 extra LFO makes a big difference. I also discovered the auto feature on the wavetables which frees up the two LFOs for more detailed modulation

Return to “u-he”