Can't use Bank Changes in Zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't get Bank Changes to select subfolders inside the MIDI Programs. Program Changes do work for the patches inside the MIDI Programs folder but Zebra does not see any subfolders I put in the MIDI Programs folder - it always says the MIDI Program folder is empty, unless there are individual patches there, not just folders. Renaming the folders, restarting, or dragging the folders into Application Support / u-he / Zebra2 / MIDI Programs in the finder rather than inside Zebra won't help. Is this a Mac-related program? Doesn't the subfolder structure of Zebra work in Macs?
I'm using Zebra 2.8. and Mac OS 10.13.6. I've tried two hosts, MainStage 3 and Cubase Pro 9.5.

I wrote a post describing midi program change on u-he plugins some time ago. It may help you understand the situation better.

viewtopic.php?t=436863

If that doesn’t work there may be a newer bug or issue here...
Feel free to call me Brian.

Thank you. I believe I had correctly done all that; the problem is that I can't get Zebra to see the subdirectories. I assume they're created (on a Mac) by putting sound presets in folders and putting these folders in the MIDI program folder. And the sounds on the top of the MIDI Programs folder are then called by Bank Change msg #0 (and a Prg Ch), and the subfolders in alphabetical order by bank Change #1, #2 etc. Correct? But if I have put only folders (not individual presets but folders filled with presets) in the MIDI Programs folder, when I look at the MIDI Programs folder in Zebra, I get the message 'folder is empty'.

Did you close and re-launch your host software after moving around the folders in the MIDI Programs path?
(Not just project or plugin, needs to be the entire host IIRC.)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Return to “u-he”