Twangström 1.0 released

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antcarrier wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:54 am Are there any changes from the release candidate? Wondering if I need to install this again. Cheers.
I don't think there are, I installed it anyway just in case but they both had the same revision number so I think it could be the same version...

Yes, it's the same version. Same build number. No need to update if you already have it.

Cheers!

Vortifex wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:15 am Just trying the demo. Is it possible to make it so that when I press play on my DAW the LFO triggers from that point in the way that a delay would? So for example if I set the waveform to Saw Up and time base to 1/4 it always cycles from the beat?
Seconding this, don't see the point in syncing to BPM if it's not going to play on beat :ud:
Please allow the LFO to reset with the song position, that would be great.

Very nice user interface.
But why that name? Umlauts don't make much sense in that English-dominated area, you might as well have baptized it Twangstrom :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 pm Very nice user interface.
But why that name? Umlauts don't make much sense in that English-dominated area, you might as well have baptized it Twangstrom :hihi:
Hüsker Dü, Häagen Dazs, Mötley Crüe ... and now Twangström. Greatness!

"...Teutonic quality—connoting stereotypes of boldness and brutality presumably associated with Germanic and Nordic cultures. Its use has also been attributed to a desire for a "gothic horror" feel."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_umlaut :hihi:

Is there a reason that it sounds brighter with bright turned off?
Regardless, great work, loving it, let there be Twang!

Bright means the response goes up to 11/12kHz. With Bright off it's 5.5/6kHz. No other magic. When you perceive it differently then it's just your... well... perception. ;)
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

wow, finally a true reverb from U-He :tu:
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

I just bought Twangstrom about 2 days ago after demoing and all I can say is WOW! I am VERY impressed with it. Finally a Native Spring Reverb that truly sounds really good, plus goes above and beyond all other Spring Reverbs i've tried with flexibility/parameter-controls. This is definitely a masterpiece. Native Spring Reverbs usually have weird artifacts in the sound or something strange about the springy sound or something else that's just not right . Obviously U-HE has figured something out and has got it right while adding huge flexibility. It's been awhile since I've been this happy and excited over a plugin, this definitely is a winner! Plus it has the best and most customer-friendly copy-protection in the business making it a even better choice than any reverb on a dongle! Congradulations Urs and the rest of U-he for this amazing milestone accomplishment! :tu: :tu: :tu: :party:
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Purchased! Thanks for another brilliant product!

compared with the reverb on the moog grandmother - almost identical!

I guess it's time to cut some code from Satin and Twangstorm and do Roland Space Echo like plugin. Because spring reverb in Ableton echo doesn't give a twang.
Murderous duck!

Return to “u-he”