Zebra 3/Hive schedule?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Zebra

omiroad wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:27 pm I have no interest in Hive aside from UHM, that's why I'm asking.
Currently Hive is the only synth with Uhm scripts... demo it... listen to how great the various Uhm's sound and how diverse they are... then buy Hive... :lol:

Please add sample oscillator for Zebra 3 and Hive 2. Something like Serum has, simple. Its just very handy to have it for certain scenarios :-) having something this simple will not burden you to add sampled content since z3 and Hive 2 known to be synths :-D

I would use a simple option like that for Z3 to use as an exciter for the Comb Modules. But if Z3 can resynthesize audio into wavetables, that would work too.

Urs really doesn't like samplers in synths and even wavetables are pushing it if they can't be generated. Hence why I think UHM was introduced.

omiroad wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:56 pm Urs really doesn't like samplers in synths and even wavetables are pushing it if they can't be generated. Hence why I think UHM was introduced.
Well, to me it's quite obvious that transforming samples into wavetables is a tedious task. The other day I posted uhm scripts which can "repair" some of the artifacts I typically associate with such, but they never seem to really ever vanish fully. I think that sample to wavetable conversion is always a compromise. It can be great, for sure, but perfecting a sample based wavetable is an art. That art probably still takes much longer than writing great uhm scripts.
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:23 am Please add sample oscillator for Zebra 3 and Hive 2. Something like Serum has, simple. Its just very handy to have it for certain scenarios :-) having something this simple will not burden you to add sampled content since z3 and Hive 2 known to be synths :-D
I don't think every synth needs to be able to do everything. But once we start, people will expect it. If we don't add a sample library, people will request it (and obviously, why would we implement a feature without delivering any example sounds?). If we don't add multisample support, people will request it. If we don't add disc streaming, people will request it. People will demand an editor. There'll be questions about rights, because samples are a whole different story than synthesizer presets.

It won't ever stop. Hence, I do not see sample playback in Hive or Zebra. This does not mean we'll never ever do anything sample based. But if we do, it'll be in an appropriate environment.

Actually ever since serum was released i havent seen people requesting to make sampler more advanced. Maybe i missed that :) if no then not, i just think it would be cool adition, because i do use it in serum, but serum is not zebra :) osc fx are just amazing :)

I think that partially has to do with the sampler not being called a sampler but as a noise oscillator that happens to load samples of noise... and anything else. The scope is inherently limited. u-He's not in a position to do this since the synths are well-established (and have true noise oscillators). Also, now that this fact is out in the open, it's not like u-He can *wink* *wink* here's a noise oscillator that uses samples without all the pitfalls already described.

And if you have access to the Serum forum on xFer search for "multisample", people have indeed been asking for it, among other features.

yellowmix wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:29 amAnd if you have access to the Serum forum on xFer search for "multisample", people have indeed been asking for it, among other features.
Yep, loads of very familiar requests there. Granular Synthesis, FM for sample oscillator, multi outs, the whole lot.

Which is cool, but sometimes we need to draw a line. Our schedule for this year and thus for Hive2 and Z3 is already filled, and with it the features we wish to implement. We can always talk about possible/doable improvements to existing features. But in a thread about the actual schedule I'd prefer to focus on what's planned rather than what could happen a year or two later :oops:

If Zebra 3 "simply" sounds as gorgeous as your recent synths Urs I'll be all over the moon.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 am If Zebra 3 "simply" sounds as gorgeous as your recent synths Urs I'll be all over the moon.
It's gonna be awesome (sorry to put pressure on you Urs)

Mr. Heckman, I'm wondering if you can comment on the CPU load on the coming Zebra3. I love the fact that I can layer multiple instances of Zebra2/HZ and not have to bounce any audio. Is that same kind of love lavished on Zebra3 or not?

AkiraMenai wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:54 am Mr. Heckman, I'm wondering if you can comment on the CPU load on the coming Zebra3. I love the fact that I can layer multiple instances of Zebra2/HZ and not have to bounce any audio. Is that same kind of love lavished on Zebra3 or not?
It'll be a little more CPU expensive on the same kind of sounds, but certainly not twice as much. But there'll also be options to go a bit more CPU intensive, particular with some new filters and effects. There'll be a Multicore-option though. After all, we're talking 15 years of advancements in CPU, so we should be able to do something that's a bit more elaborate without breaking CPUs.

Hey urs, what is the upgrade price for Zebra2 -> Dark Zebra HZ thing? EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

Has the feature already been requested for Hive, to be able to switch the wavetable's waveform display to spectrum?

Hello ! After Hive is released can I hear any super estimated release date for zebra 3 ?
Month, 2, 3, next year .

Return to “u-he”