Zebra 3/Hive schedule?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Zebra

i just demoed zebra a little (20 minutes)
i definitely need a bit more time with it.

it's odd, because I as it is now, i now when to reach for Hive, Diva, Repro or A.C.E, because each has kind of it's own voice and character.
Zebra seems to have less of it's own character. But i guess that is it's greatest strength, and next to Alchemy i don't have a powerhouse synth. (Well, Equator, to a degree)

Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:05 pm Zebra seems to have less of it's own character.
Because Zebra is like your own pet magic unicorn, that will bravely galoppieren into any direction you point it to. And will do magical things there.

drzhnn wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm
Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:05 pm Zebra seems to have less of it's own character.
Because Zebra is like your own pet magic unicorn, that will bravely galoppieren into any direction you point it to. And will do magical things there.
:tu:

Yes Zebra is most things to most sounds, but it sounds awesome. I have ACE and Diva and will say that all three have a clear voice and like most UHe tools they just each have a nitch. To me if I want beautiful I reach for Zebra with a very wide nitch.

I still haven't mastered Zebra yet, but it is my favorite synth I own, with a close contenders in (Biotek 2 and Synthmaster). I can have a sound in my head and get close but then I will listen to some presets and look at what they did and just learn that way. Synthmaster I will get the sound 95% of the time and Biotek 2 I have happy accidents but never get to my destination. Zebra just nails beauty for me.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

well i was sold on unicorns, the beauty sealed it. pretending i wasn't pretty sure i'm going to buy it anyway because i'm such a stupid fanboy.
just hope i can sell strobe2 and cypher2 soon enough to scratch this itch.

drzhnn wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm Because Zebra is like your own pet magic unicorn, that will bravely galoppieren into any direction you point it to. And will do magical things there.
:lol: Aaw so cute! :hug:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Actually I’m just getting around to learning MSEGs and X/Y controls.
I have a Physis K4 so I can get lots done in the Matrix.
I’ve had the Z for years now and decided to dig in due to time off.
I’m having a blast.

Dissecting the Sets I bought that you made is a great lesson too.

Thanks Howie

You're welcome, diaper@ky :)

Will Zebra 3 support UHM or should I get Hive for that?

Get Hive for that is the only currently certain answer :)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:45 pm Get Hive for that is the only currently certain answer :)
You must give in to the Queen bee
Always Read the Manual!

omiroad wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:39 pm Will Zebra 3 support UHM or should I get Hive for that?
You should get Hive for that... not only do we not know if Zebra 3 will support Uhm scripting, but it will be a long time before Zebra 3 is out anyway. In the meanwhile, Hive has become an awesome synth and with v2 nearing, it will be even better...

Speaking of which, if someone buys Hive today, do they get Hive 2 for free? What is the cutoff date?

I have no interest in Hive aside from UHM, that's why I'm asking.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:09 pm
omiroad wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:39 pm Will Zebra 3 support UHM or should I get Hive for that?
You should get Hive for that... not only do we not know if Zebra 3 will support Uhm scripting, but it will be a long time before Zebra 3 is out anyway. In the meanwhile, Hive has become an awesome synth and with v2 nearing, it will be even better...

Speaking of which, if someone buys Hive today, do they get Hive 2 for free? What is the cutoff date?
AFAIK it's free upgrades to v2 for any v1.2 purchase from now from until release day, so that sales don't take a hit. Those who bought a license during the last sale will have to pay the 20e but they got 30e off, so will still save over all. I'm sure Urs will confirm.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 pmI'm sure Urs will confirm.
Confirmed.

Return to “u-he”